Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,001 Members 39,938 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel] Rogue 1.4.3 "Rana" (Updated 11/20/11)

Tip us?

REHolt218
Old
Thanks Meter 63
I am on a Verizon 3g/4g Xoom and as indicated in the OP this kernel broke my 4g. I went back to my nandroid backup and everything is working again. I would love to try it again if there is another update.

tincbtrar
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardo Numspa View Post
working well here. scored a 7594 on antutu benchmark with the oc'ed gpu kernel, my personal highest score.
Holy moly is that at 1.7? Ill give this kernel a try...steady never disappoints.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

REHolt218
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by REHolt218 View Post
I am on a Verizon 3g/4g Xoom and as indicated in the OP this kernel broke my 4g. I went back to my nandroid backup and everything is working again. I would love to try it again if there is another update.
By the way, I would be willing to test an update to ensure 4g works before final release.

Steady Hawkin
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2630
Quote:
By the way, I would be willing to test an update to ensure 4g works before final release.
The 4G issue (as stated in the changelog) only seems to happen on certain Xooms, to be honest were not sure what exactly is causing the issue. We knew the issue existed on select Xooms, but decided we would release it so others could still enjoy. Hopefully well have a full fix in the future, sorry for any issues you guys may have.

ghoticov
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steady Hawkin View Post
The 4G issue (as stated in the changelog) only seems to happen on certain Xooms, to be honest were not sure what exactly is causing the issue. We knew the issue existed on select Xooms, but decided we would release it so others could still enjoy. Hopefully well have a full fix in the future, sorry for any issues you guys may have.
Dang, I'm going to miss OCing!

What's weird is I could see the bars on the 3G and I had 3 bars out of 4 but they were light blue not dark blue like they should be. When I was driving the bars were going from 2 to 3 bars but would never turn dark blue and it never said "3G", so I could never connect.

REHolt218
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoticov View Post
Dang, I'm going to miss OCing!

What's weird is I could see the bars on the 3G and I had 3 bars out of 4 but they were light blue not dark blue like they should be. When I was driving the bars were g from 2 to 3 bars but would never turn dark blue and it never said "3G", so I could neonnect.
I am running 3.2.2 HLK75D with the tachi 2.1 oced GPU overclocked to 1.6 and my 3g/4g works fine. I can't run the whole Moray rom but the kernel works great.

ghoticov
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
I am running 3.2.2 HLK75D with the tachi 2.1 oced GPU overclocked to 1.6 and my 3g/4g works fine. I can't run the whole Moray rom but the kernel works great.
Oh wow, I didnt realize the Tiamat kernel would work on 3.2.2. I care much more about OCing than I do the rom overall. Thanks for the info!

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

Quote:
Tachi 2.1 seems to be running great and I am OCed at 1.7. How did you know that Tachi would work? Did you just try it or did you see someone else running it on 3.2.2?

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

Quote:

Well, after reading further it looks like Tachi is causing problems with waking with everyone with 4G. I don't have this issue yet but one guy said it took a week and then the issue popped up. Part of me wants to wait and see if I have the issue because I did a nandroid and a reatore is easy enough to do in case it screws up. Its hard for mw to give up the speed at 1.7! lol

How long have you been running Tachi?

bencozzy
Old
Thanks Meter 90

DONATE TO ME
Losing connectivity is due to OCing the gpu.
Current-
Galaxy nexus ROM: EOS 3
Nexus 7 ROM: EOS 3 KERNEL: _motley

previous phones-
Sprint epic 4g touch
ATT SGS2
Thrill 4g
Atrix 4g
Iphone 4
LG G2x
Nexus S
HD7
cliq 2
Vibrant

ghoticov
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Yea, something is up with the Tachi kernel also. My XOOM completely locked up 3 times where I had to do a hard reboot (volume up + power). Oh well, it was worth a shot.

REHolt218
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoticov View Post

[/COLOR]
Tachi 2.1 seems to be running great and I am OCed at 1.7. How did you know that Tachi would work? Did you just try it or did you see someone else running it on 3.2.2?

---------- Post added at 08:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

Well, after reading further it looks like Tachi is causing problems with waking with everyone with 4G. I don't have this issue yet but one guy said it took a week and then the issue popped up. Part of me wants to wait and see if I have the issue because I did a nandroid and a reatore is easy enough to do in case it screws up. Its hard for mw to give up the speed at 1.7! lol

How long have you been running Tachi?
I have been running the tachi kernel for over two weeks with no problems.
When I first got my Xoom back I had problems with wifi, and then with 3g/4g due to the boot loader. I decided to try the Tachi kernel figuring I had nothing to lose. I did a nandroid backup of the stock just in case I needed it to resolve the bootloader issue and then loaded Tachi 2.1. Never had a single problem. When the bootloader fix came out I applied it right over the top of my current system ands when it rebooted 3g/4g worked.

The only problem I have ever had with waking was setting the minimum clock speed too low. I keep it above 600 and al is fine.