Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,444 Members 42,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Messaing Crashes to Home Screen

Tip us?

bigal.nz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Messaing Crashes to Home Screen

Hiya All,

I have a Samsung I9000. Sometimes, when I go into messaging, or call log or contacts, after being in there for about a second it will return me to home screen.

It only happens sometimes, and I can get around it by quicky scrolling, and doing a long press. But its very annoying!

I tried replacing phone.apk with CWM and it seemed to help but the problem came back.

I am on:

FW: 2.3.4
I9000XXJVQ

I have a bunch of apps installed. I hope its nothing to do with them but not sure what to do for further diagnosis.

The other problem I have is despite having the correct APN for Vodafone NZ, I cant send MMS. They just sit there saying "sending".

Please help.

Thanks

-Al

mk_ln
Old
(Last edited by mk_ln; 7th September 2011 at 08:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 58
I have also had similar crashing issues recently (on stock JVQ with KC1/KG3 modem, rooted)

I had thought it may have been a launcher issue, but no, I have had the issue occur with different launchers. Also, lately I have had dropped calls....regardless of signal strength or whether I dial out or pick up a call. Both are getting to be annoying.

edit: also forgot to add that I have crashed to home screen after entering the dialer and pressing a few numbers (not actually completing the entire phone number; around 4 digits usually).
If you've found my post helpful, you can thank me by clicking the 'Thanks' button.

(phone history...)
Mitsubishi G75 - Sony Ericsson T200 - Sony Ericsson T226 - Motorola SLVR L7 - Nokia N95 8GB - Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - Samsung I9000 Galaxy S - Apple iPhone 4 16GB -Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc/X12 - Galaxy Nexus I9250 - Galaxy SIII I747 32GB - LG Optimus G 32GB - Nexus 4 16GB