Oh wow! tobbie AND nickleby helping me in the same thread, what an honor!
I did exactly what you did nickleby! But mine is not that fancy, more like thin copper wire taped to the battery :P
The phone seems to be OK, I left it overnight and it did not go out (when the old battery dried up and worked, it will stay on for no more than 4-6 hs).
I am 100% sure the phone and battery are dried and clean, the "incident" happened at least 3 months ago.
I am pretty sure I can get your battery model for a few bucks right where I live.
Although I currently own an android tablet, I really miss having my WM smartphone
One more time, thank you guys for all the help!!