Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Deleted apps?

OP MTsol

6th September 2011, 09:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 45

234 posts
More
I backed everything up this morning, did a full wipe and flashed another Rom to test. Well after I was done with that Rom I wiped again and restored my back up. When I opened the app drawer every installed app I had was gone. My home screen still had a couple icons for those apps but they weren't installed.

I wiped again flashed the backup a second time with no luck. Then I tried a previous backup and had the same issue. I flashed clockworkmod recovery and tried to restore a previous backup I made with that and still had the same issue.

I'm using synergy rls 1
More freedom kernel
Used RA recovery and clockwork

All of the apps were installed on the phone so they weren't on the SD card.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium
6th September 2011, 10:39 PM   |  #2  
Flag Frankfort
Thanks Meter: 18

208 posts
Donate to Me
More
It happens every time to me. Until yesterday. I backed up using recovery instead of ROM Manager and all my apps were there when I restored. I guess just make sure you back up using Recovery, not ROM Manager. Or use Titanium Backup... That always works too.
6th September 2011, 10:41 PM   |  #3  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 9

108 posts
More
that has happened to me before as well. I always use Recovery (AmonRa) for all my backups now and also titanium.
7th September 2011, 07:10 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

234 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelghandi

It happens every time to me. Until yesterday. I backed up using recovery instead of ROM Manager and all my apps were there when I restored. I guess just make sure you back up using Recovery, not ROM Manager. Or use Titanium Backup... That always works too.

It's weird because all of my backups are through recovery. I've never had this issue till today. No matter how many times I restore my user data doesn't show up.

7th September 2011, 01:33 PM   |  #5  
Flag Northern VA
Thanks Meter: 229

777 posts
More
that that is strange. if you look at the nandroid backup files do you see a data partition file. if so is that file big enough to suggest that contains all of your apps? maybe your recovery is not backing up any apps so there's nothing to the restore later.

Sent from my PC36100
8th September 2011, 05:46 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

234 posts
More
All backups show they have plenty of user data. What's even more weird its that I noticed while restoring that while its doing data I can see that it is actually flashing my info. As to where that info is after I boot up is still a mystery.

8th September 2011, 02:33 PM   |  #7  
Flag Northern VA
Thanks Meter: 229

777 posts
More
Are there any clues in the recovery log?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread