Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,683 Members 51,010 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S Plus I9001 General

Tip us?

rayiskon
Old
Thanks Meter 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronka View Post
yesterday I have tried to deodex my SGS+ XXKQ1 but it stuck on Maps.apk, I've got an exception!
what could be the problem?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=36
The Following User Says Thank You to rayiskon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nail16
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintel_mac View Post
Well you can create sh scripts with notepad++. But make sure you get unix lf (linefeed, new lines) instead of windows carriage return linefeed (crlf). Google about it. Otherwise your scripts may not be executed correctly.

For you update binary... go to the 9001 development board here and search for all in one package (aio) by crybert. Extract it and analyse its commands and structure. Also search here or google edify scripts.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA App
I was able to create my own update-script using notepad++ thanks fro that,
but the update binary is really confusing i cant open it with any application if i open it with notepad++ it shows all strange characters none of the text editing apps work ?
Second question ?
what is the update-binary anyways? what's is function?
i googled this and came across some very complicated web pages related to linux
can you explain this in a simple way, what it actually does ?
and how can i open such files

wintel_mac
Old
Thanks Meter 182

DONATE TO ME
You need to open the updater-script. The update mechanism uses the binary to execute the script. There are different versions out there so that's why I wrote take the zip, extract it, analyse updater-script and check how its syntax works.
Current Device: Google Galaxy Nexus GSM i9250, SlimKat 4.4.2 / Mpokang Kernel v10

Siemens A50 -> Siemens M65 -> Sony Ericsson Z710i -> Sony Ericsson W595 -> HTC Desire (SLCD) -> Palm Pre (Minus) -> Samsung Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001) -> Huawei Honor U8860 (returned b.c. of bad touchscreen) -> Samsung Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001) -> Google Galaxy Nexus

The Following User Says Thank You to wintel_mac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nail16
Old
(Last edited by nail16; 4th March 2012 at 04:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintel_mac View Post
You need to open the updater-script. The update mechanism uses the binary to execute the script. There are different versions out there so that's why I wrote take the zip, extract it, analyse updater-script and check how its syntax works.
I analysed the update-script syntax from the AIO 1.1 package it makes complete sense, but i wanna know how do i create the update-binary file ?

wintel_mac
Old
(Last edited by wintel_mac; 4th March 2012 at 05:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 182

DONATE TO ME
It is a compiled binary. You need the source code to do any edits.

Edit: If you have downloaded the Android sources, you should be able to compile it. Read on here:
http://epiccm.blogspot.com/2012/01/h...-and-apks.html
Current Device: Google Galaxy Nexus GSM i9250, SlimKat 4.4.2 / Mpokang Kernel v10

Siemens A50 -> Siemens M65 -> Sony Ericsson Z710i -> Sony Ericsson W595 -> HTC Desire (SLCD) -> Palm Pre (Minus) -> Samsung Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001) -> Huawei Honor U8860 (returned b.c. of bad touchscreen) -> Samsung Galaxy S Plus (GT-I9001) -> Google Galaxy Nexus

The Following User Says Thank You to wintel_mac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nail16
Old
(Last edited by nail16; 4th March 2012 at 05:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 292
wo! dude, that stuff goes way over my head for now i'll just stick to the basics
but thanks anyways

nail16
Old
Thanks Meter 292
For the updater-script in what format should i save the file in notepad++?

rayiskon
Old
Thanks Meter 1,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by nail16 View Post
For the updater-script in what format should i save the file in notepad++?
the updater script doesn't have an extension, so u save it as "all types"
u know can always extract an updater script from a kernel zip (for example) and copy-paste ur code instead of the original and save it. (that's a workaround of course) :P
The Following User Says Thank You to rayiskon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nail16
Old
Thanks Meter 292
Will any txt editing tool do the trick ? like wordpad

wintel_mac
Old
Thanks Meter 182

DONATE TO ME
And to make sure it is really a UNIX style file, press CTRL+H, search for "\r\n" and replace with "\n" and tick advanced option in the lower left corner of the dialogue. Then replace all, save the file as "updater-script" with no extension (filetype "All Types (*.*)").

Then close the file, open it again in notepad++ and check whether it says "UNIX" in the status bar down in the middle of the program window. If it's unix, your file is in the correct format.

---------- Post added at 09:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nail16 View Post
Will any txt editing tool do the trick ? like wordpad
No it will not. Wordpad sucks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wintel_mac For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]