Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,015 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy S Plus I9001 Q&A

Tip us?

flashbackvictim
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Default nearly there

I have nearly got the boot animation sorted. I was using 'root explorer' and it was'nt copying the files properly. Got a new root explorer app and copied sanim.zip file again and it worked. I still have the feamod initial screen and the bad music but I am on the right track. If I delete or replace the wav file in the feamod.zip file do reakon it may cause problems on boot? also I would still like to replace the two files that root explorer managed to copy to no where if any one could post them (see earlier post) or tell me where to download I would be really happy(stock sanim.zip has no wav file). but at least I can try and add a nice boot animation now.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

I have found the boot up sound in the system/etc folder so that can be deleted and replaced. Does anyone know which file is going to be the feamod pheonix splash screen? so that can go as well if I like

rayiskon
Old
(Last edited by rayiskon; 10th March 2012 at 12:25 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,155
Quote:
I have found the boot up sound in the system/etc folder so that can be deleted and replaced. Does anyone know which file is going to be the feamod pheonix splash screen? so that can go as well if I like
the pheonix logo is inside the boot.img , it was discussed in a thread in the dev section a few days ago (can't remember which thread exactly) , but there u will find the necessary code.

Edit: found the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=22956782

Sent from my GT-I9001 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to rayiskon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rykn21x
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default Product Code changed??

is it possible (or normal) that when you switched rom (from KSA 2.3.5 to German 2.3.6 Rom) that your product code changes? before my product code is GT-I9001HKAKSA now when I checked it was GT-I9001HKADBT... is it normal? Thanks very much!

alessia3
Old
Thanks Meter 37
hi everybody!
this is my first post so, before my (first) question, i want to thank you all for this beautiful forum and for sharing your knowledge

i want to install pdroid apk and, to do so, pdroid patcher ask me for a full naindroid zip file of my rom (to create the patch for the rom).
feamod recovery creates only backup folders and not backup zip files...
i tried to create manually a zip file from backup folder, with no compression, but pdroid patcher doesn't recognise my zip as a valid nandroid backup

so, can anybody of you help me to create a valid nandroid ZIP file of my rom?
thank you in advance for your replies and sorry for my english and my noob question

ad0dh
Old
(Last edited by ad0dh; 11th March 2012 at 09:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 171
You can flash feamod recovery and then make a backup

alessia3
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by ad0dh View Post
You can flash feamod recovery and then make a backup

thanks for your reply but... well... obviously i did it!

stock 2.3.5. xxkpi (baseband kpf)
root
feamod recovery 1.4
skyhigh kernel 1.3
deodexed
(and some minor tweaks..)

the point is: when i make backup with feamod, it creates a backup folder with all the (unpacked) files of the rom, and NOT a zip file...
since pdroid patcher asks for a valid nandroid zip file, i was wondering how to create such a backup ZIP file... that's it.
i tried to manually create a zip file, without using compression, of all the files in the backup folder, but pdroid patcher returns the messahe "not a valid nandroid backup"

btw, hope that somebody can give me an advice...

universalgalaxy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
When Came a Android 4.0 Port for the SGS + i9001 ???

donnyjason
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any guide on how to connect i9001 to laptop using adhoc for connecting internet purposes?
Gewächshaus Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello since I'm using KQ7 the apk GameCIH isn't working anymore. What could I do? :/

alessia3
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rykn21x View Post
is it possible (or normal) that when you switched rom (from KSA 2.3.5 to German 2.3.6 Rom) that your product code changes? before my product code is GT-I9001HKAKSA now when I checked it was GT-I9001HKADBT... is it normal? Thanks very much!
if for "product code" you mean baseband (and from your post it seems that), then possible and normal mate

The Following User Says Thank You to alessia3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]