[Dev] lenovo thinkpad tablet dump

Search This thread

realyst2k

Feb 4, 2010
QQ: Anyone manage to execute BreakTheCage on this yet? Still troubleshooting my ADB connection at the moment(bloody windows keeps registering it as a USB device even under debug mode and I have a sneaking suspicion I'll need to mess around in deep dark things to undo that).

Looking at the details of the BreaktheCage(running up the UUID assignments preventing the bridge from executing the de-elevation at the end), any idea why this wouldn't work??

soveryevil

Jan 8, 2010
Not heard of / cannot find any information on BreakTheCage? I've got ADB working on my tablet would run it if I know what it was?

ker2gsr

Oct 13, 2010
QQ: Anyone manage to execute BreakTheCage on this yet? Still troubleshooting my ADB connection at the moment(bloody windows keeps registering it as a USB device even under debug mode and I have a sneaking suspicion I'll need to mess around in deep dark things to undo that).

Looking at the details of the BreaktheCage(running up the UUID assignments preventing the bridge from executing the de-elevation at the end), any idea why this wouldn't work??

here's a link for adb setup http://rootzwiki.com/index.php?/topic/9160-Android-Sdk-And-Adb-Setup-Guide-For-The-Tpt

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk

realyst2k

Feb 4, 2010
SuperOneClick does not work and that uses various exploits ... mainly because of Honeycomb 3.1 closing the gaps.

How does one close a UUID overallottment gap? Does it just reap idle processes faster than the code itself generates them? or are we looking at the honeycomb device-side ADB limiting threads or running as non-root by default?

ker2gsr said:

Thanks but this is a Windows driver issue. I just haven't found the time yet to do that much more troubleshooting on it yet. Windows is choosing the wrong driver. Plugging it into a friend's laptop worked. It's just Windows seemingly stubbornly relating the device ID to what it originally saw it as.

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Not heard of / cannot find any information on BreakTheCage? I've got ADB working on my tablet would run it if I know what it was?

Sorry, I meant RageAgainstTheCage

Jon2555

Jan 17, 2011
Belgrade
thanks and I'll try to port some roms to this tablet when I catch some time but I'm not promising anything, I'll just play a little when I find some time and that might be possible because I already ported ICS to tablet with similar specifications(same board) and learn something about porting roms to tegra platform.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Blob is kernel but what's supposed to be ramdsik but anyway can someone dump boot.img from device?

timmyDean

Sep 8, 2011
Chicago
thanks and I'll try to port some roms to this tablet when I catch some time but I'm not promising anything, I'll just play a little when I find some time and that might be possible because I already ported ICS to tablet with similar specifications(same board) and learn something about porting roms to tegra platform.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Blob is kernel but what's supposed to be ramdsik but anyway can someone dump boot.img from device?

Unless you have a way of unlocking the boot loader none of this will do you any good. You'll need some leaked SBK keys. Unless you know of something else?

quyTam

May 26, 2011
I'm about to root my tablet, will install cmw and will upload a backup of the rom if all goes well.

Regards

soveryevil

Jan 8, 2010
I've got root and CWR and back up files. What would you guys need to start work with ICS?

and how do I make sure i'm not handing out any of my own stuff if I upload the image files somewhere? Dont want my browser saved passwords and apps and stuff getting out

quyTam

May 26, 2011
i'm too slow ^^ (not install CMW yet)

Just make a backup of your current system, make a factory reset, make a backup of the clean system and upload it, you can do the restore of you previous system afterwards

soveryevil

Jan 8, 2010
OK Done a clean reset. Which files are the important ones? and where can I upload them?

Last edited:

slpin

Jan 26, 2007
wait
why are you guys using dumps when there is a perfectly good copy of the whole image from lenovo's ftp servers?

Jon2555

Jan 17, 2011
Belgrade
I download but that's OTA update ie. patches, not whole system.

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

It said that I don't have permission to access to system dump?

Top Liked Posts