Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,443 Members 50,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Putting a custom Recovery on diffacult s7 - How I did it.

Tip us?

wessling75
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Putting a custom Recovery on diffacult s7 - How I did it.

So this is my second post, again my apologizes for posting here but I still cant post it in development because I am a noobe lol

First let me explain some history . . .for the last 2 months I have been trying to Root and install a custom recovery on the IDEOS s7 (Telstra/Australian), running Indo 2.2 . . .

After finally getting my s7 rooted (see my other post) I found myself again having a "battle of wills" with my s7 trying to get a custom recovery on.

After trying all the suggestions I could find here and elsewhere (again thank you to everyone) the s7 still refused to co-operate.

After trying batch install scripts under windows, terminal emulators, Clockwork Mod and all sorts of voodoo magic nothing seemed to work.

it flat refused to install a recovery from windows7 or SD card

lol - I certainly can pick a fussy one . .

After 2 days . . . and faced with the daunting task of trying to force it to do it through terminal under Linux (I am a Linux Noobe too) I came across this apk - (opps I cant post links to . . 329772-app-recovery-manager-v036-beta)

I think it is made for specifically for ZTE devices but after installing it on the s7 . . selecting the CWM 2.5.1.8 by goodoane on the SD card and executing . . . (wow)

Without even rebooting the s7 . . .no bootloader, no complaints, no freezing . . the CWM 2.5.1.8 by goodoane is on and working

I have re-booted into recovery 3 times now just to convince myself I am not dreaming . . lol

After flashing the Apk (on the s7) does not see the recovery but the recovery is flashed and working.

Again I hope this is useful to someone out there because I can attest to how frustrating it can be reading everyone else's and being left arguing with my s7 lol

Just because I am a glutton for punishment I think I will now go install the FroyoFusion-R2 (Hybrid) . . . . maybe the s7 will "talk" to me now

Regards,
Andrew.

wessling75
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Ideos_S7_Froyo-v1.3-EXT4-SA.zip On and working like a dream so far

I hope my experience getting the s7 rooted and customized is help to someone else

Regards,
Andrew.

wessling75
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Joenilan's latest ROM is awesome

Can someone please pass on my thanks to him because I still cant post in Development.