Hi guys, cause it was asked for, here is a how-to to unlock bootloader without reflashing a 2.1 firmware what means no need of reinstall your current rom after unlocking bootloader.
In the archive with the unlocking files take care about the following:
the semc bat is for x10i and x10a. But only if you haven't tried any simunlocking
the setool2 bat is for all those have simunlocked using the setool2
if you don't know it, or not sure about, have a look at the 2nd post, there you'll find a tool to test it.
for those doesn't fit any of those two critericas, don't try to unlock bootloader with this steps/files linked here
Things you need:
- the bl unlock file from this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1253277
- Kernel up/downgrade for flashtool from here:
- a custom kernel for unlocked bootloader to flash after you have unlocked it successfully
If you haven't all the listed things on your computer, then first downoad all neccessary files I have listed above before you go on with the guide how-to do it!!
Please make sure you have enabled usb-debugging in your current rom before starting with this!!
- flash the azuzu kernel downgrade ftf with flashtool
- disconnect usb cable, press power button until phone vibrates shortly and immidiatly connect the usb cable again (it is supposed to be stuck at SE logo)
- start the batch file for unlocking bootloader, cause it says press any button before it starts, it won't start unlocking until you press any button
- now wait until flashtool recognizes your x10 (if flashtool doesn't do anything, check third post please! thx)
- close flashtool and then press any button in the cmd window that the unlocking process starts (please close flashtool, instead the bl unlock cmd and flashtool are constantly killing and restarting adb!!)
- after unlocking is finish you have to flash azuzu kernel upgrade
- now power on phone to check if the phone is starting after the unlock (if you are using a custom kernel yet with the bypass method and get stuck in a bootloop enter xrecovery and clear dalvik-cache, then your phone should boot up again fine)
If you aren't seeing the se logo at turning on phone, but directly the custom kernel logo, you were succesfully. If you want to enter xrecovery you have to spam the back button now if the xperia logo appears instead of the se logo.
- the_laser - for the bootloader unlock files
- azuzu - for Kernel up- and downgrade
- whitefang3456 - for helping others with their problems