Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,032 Members 52,186 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Exchange Email Sync!!!

Tip us?

tpcastelli
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default [Q] Exchange Email Sync!!!

Just got the Bionic. I have the Thunderbolt in my had the past few months and was excited about giving the Bionic a try. Went to set up my Corp Exchange ...worked fine ...went to set sync all dates ...and WTF!!! 30 days .. what a joke. Anyone know a work around to sync all dates. Not in high school! Otherwise the phone goes back.

Berzerker7
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Doesn't seem to be, I don't see why it's a big deal...you can continue searches on the server if you need to find something. It just doesn't actively sync more than 30 days to conserve power when connecting to pull data.

Retired: Motorola Droid, HTC Droid Incredible, VZW iPhone 4 Black 16GB, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Droid Incredible 2, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Rezound, Verizon Galaxy Nexus, VZW iPhone 5 Black 32GB, HTC Droid DNA S-OFF, VZW Galaxy S4, VZW iPhone 5S, T-Mobile Nexus 5
Current phone: LG G2, LG G3 on VZW

tpcastelli
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Case in point ..I've been working on a divestiture deal since Feb 11. I have around 300 emails that should show up in my in box from various companies, as is my desk top. When I'm on the speaker phone browsing my inbox, why should I have to search a "smart phone" to see our email communications. Blackberry and Iphones have no problems. Some should find the number "30" days and change it to "999". Then I would keep phone and root

Btw, search server did work ..thanks for the tip ..someone please figure out where to change that 30 to 999!

WorldOfJohnboy
Old
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpcastelli View Post
Case in point ..I've been working on a divestiture deal since Feb 11. I have around 300 emails that should show up in my in box from various companies, as is my desk top. When I'm on the speaker phone browsing my inbox, why should I have to search a "smart phone" to see our email communications. Blackberry and Iphones have no problems. Some should find the number "30" days and change it to "999". Then I would keep phone and root

Btw, search server did work ..thanks for the tip ..someone please figure out where to change that 30 to 999!
Just a suggestion (not a solution), but purchase Touchdown for Android. It is well worth the $$ if you require a very robust Exchange experience. When I bought the Droid X (when it first came out), I purchased Touchdown and have not looked back... so many features, filters, searches, and other options!

Immolate
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpcastelli View Post
Just got the Bionic. I have the Thunderbolt in my had the past few months and was excited about giving the Bionic a try. Went to set up my Corp Exchange ...worked fine ...went to set sync all dates ...and WTF!!! 30 days .. what a joke. Anyone know a work around to sync all dates. Not in high school! Otherwise the phone goes back.
Um... fix this for me now or I'm sending the phone back?

Android is a self-service station my friend. It may take a bit more effort, but you'll get that evergreen glow of accomplishment.

jbhorner
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have to agree with the OP. The limitation is a bit too "big brotherish" for my tastes, and it assumes way too much. For example, does it occur to Motorola that some people sit on planes for 4-6 hours at a time, and might find that answering email messages (even old ones) is a great way to utilize that time?

If they're using battery savings as the rationale behind this, there are likely many other things (like their bloatware...or BLUR) that they can tweak to provide savings that do not make ridiculous assumptions.

Yes, there are other Exchange solutions available. But if one buys a handset with the knowledge that there is a solution, having to spend more on software is silly.

Joel

tpcastelli
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
I agree ..thank you. Is there anyone who can write a script to change the number 30 to 500 or 700, assuming I root the phone. I would donate if so. Phones I have that SYN ALL! : Droid Charge, HTC Thunderbolt, Samsung Gallaxy s2, Iphone, Infuse, EVO 3D GSM and I'm sure the list goes on. The DroidX2 does the same as the Bionic. Any programers willing to jump on this?

WorldOfJohnboy
Old
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhorner View Post
Yes, there are other Exchange solutions available. But if one buys a handset with the knowledge that there is a solution, having to spend more on software is silly.
To be honest, if you want a phone that excels doing Exchange email/calendar items, go with a RIM phone. If you want a phone that has an extra long batter life, go with the iPhone. If you want a phone that is very customizable, a king of nothing, but prince of many things, then go with an Android.

I purchased Touchdown over 2 years ago when I switched from a Blackberry to an Android to help ease my way. I have seen a return on my investment as my phone now outperforms my co-worker's Windows and Blackberry phones when it comes to corporate email.

Would it be nice for an Android to have a good Exchange software? Yes. I have NEVER bought a phone expecting it though.

bobreiter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Use Enhanced Email. Fast light and full if options for exchange (including removing pin mandate). Multiple email account support

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App

azwildfire
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I would consider getting a software app to do a ONE TIME sync from outlook to Android (that will get all your old email yadda yadda)

Here is one thought from Google
https://www.google.com/support/calen...y?answer=98563
http://www.fjsoft.at/en/ has gotten good reviews

and finally a good recommended PAID app
http://www.synccell.com/