[ROM] North America Generic R800a 4.0.A.2.368

Search This thread

thatsupnow

Jan 31, 2011
Vernon
Google Pixel 8
Google Pixel 8 Pro
Here it is guys north america generic official firmware 4.0.A.2.368 ready to download. It works as it should I flashed it to my phone first before uploading. It almost seems like my signal strength is much better and more consistant than I had with the R800i FW, just an observation tho have fun!

http://www.mediafire.com/?e05weljaz3934j4

Last edited:

thatsupnow

Jan 31, 2011
Vernon
Google Pixel 8
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I'm not too sure about the r800x don't they need the specific verizon firmware because its a CDMA phone and the rest are GSM. I would check that out first cause you don't want to brick your phone

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

Cat_On_Droid

Aug 13, 2011
Will try the r800a generic on my R800i. Will post how it works

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

Cat_On_Droid

Aug 13, 2011
Eh I got a BooTloop on R8OOi, maybe cuz of not wiping data?

I used the XDA App to post this, what did you use?

Simmo3D

Mar 24, 2011
I have a R800i (australia)

Its unlocked and I bought it outright, is this firmware going to be better than the generic UK version?

robjvan

Jul 27, 2009
Just in case anyone is wondering, or doesn't plan this part out ahead (like me...) - flashing this will break root. You'll have to downgrade to the global ROM, root and update OTA. I didn't think of any of this ahead of time, and had to learn the hard way. Keep that in mind ....

Sent from my R800i using XDA Premium App

axiomjunglist

Apr 12, 2011
Just in case anyone is wondering, or doesn't plan this part out ahead (like me...) - flashing this will break root. You'll have to downgrade to the global ROM, root and update OTA. I didn't think of any of this ahead of time, and had to learn the hard way. Keep that in mind ....

If you have an unlocked bootloader Doomlord's latest v3 kernel works - pre-rooted and with recovery. Just tested, working great!

thenotdone

Sep 9, 2010
working perfect, great battery life, full root access with doomlord's newest kernel.

Thank you very much for the rom!

phat_cow

May 14, 2007

How do i downgrade to global rom?

dassub

May 6, 2011
Toronto
Anyone using this on Rogers? Is there any bloatware on this? I was thinking about flashing to this (currently on UK generic R800i), but will lose root since bootloader is locked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here it is guys north america generic official firmware 4.0.A.2.368 ready to download. It works as it should I flashed it to my phone first before uploading. It almost seems like my signal strength is much better and more consistant than I had with the R800i FW, just an observation tho have fun!

http://www.mediafire.com/?e05weljaz3934j4
    I have a r800x will this brick my phone??

Sent from my R800x using XDA Premium App
    You cant root 2.3.3 with gingerbreak. Only works with 2.3.2. To get r800a 2.3.2 and to have root on r800a 2.3.3 without battery issues. Go to wotanserver.com. Register for a new account (its free). Download the drivers and client software. Install drivers and open wontanserver software. Sign in and follow directions. Choose r800i 2.3.2 (3.0.a.??184 or something). Now download gingerbreak. 1.2( search forum or google) to your computer and unzip. Now connect phone to computer and drag gingerbreak to xperia play storage. On phone go to market and download and install "explorer". Open explorer and find sdcard/gingerbreak.apk and click on it. Now install and open. In gingerbreak press root and wait 5-10 mins until it reboots. Now go to settings/phone/system update. Only update Over-The-Air or else you'll lose root with pc companion/se updater. Enjoy your rooted r800i 2.3.3 :)
    P.S. Dont remove system apps unless you aren't going to update again 2.3.4. Use titanium to backup/ freeze apps you dont want to see in phone. Beware of what apps to do this to.

Sent from my rooted R800a 2.3.3 BL locked
    Yes you can use it no problem plus doomlord just upped a new rooting tool that will root any firmware now!

Sent from my R800i using XDA App