3D Button remap
I might be the only one that thinks the button is worthless, but if anyone would like to remap it to the camera let me know and I'll write up the instructions on how to change it.
This will disable the option to switch between 2D and 3D when looking at pictures or in the middle of games but if your like me I dont have time to play games or mess with 3D pictures, and yes that makes the phone no different that any of the others but I just like the phone it's self.
1. Download Root Explorer
2. Navigate to /system/usr/keylayout
3. Top of app select mount R/W
4. long click on omap-keypad.kl till menu pops up
5. select open in text editor
6. scroll all the way to the bottom to key 249
7. Edit 3D_HOT_KEY to CAMERA
8. Back out of text editor and select mount R/O in top of app
9. Back out of Root Explorer
This will now map the 3D button to open the camera insted of something you may never use.
Go back to stock.
1. Navigate back to /system/usr/keylayout
2. Mount R/W
3. Only do this if you have the omap-keypad.kl.bak this is a backup of the original file
4. Delete the modified omap-keypad.kl
5. Rename omap-keypad.kl.bak to omap-keypad.kl
6. Back out and restart.
There you go.
Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium