[TUT]Official Gingerbread 2.3.6 05.05.2012 GalaxyMini s5570~ODIN~UPDATED
Hi guys i'd searched this forum but i didnt found a direct link on who to update the Galaxy mini to Android 2.3.6 aka gingerbread.So i did a lil google searching and i have found 2 methods.Correct me if this is already posted here,i'm just trying to help.And sorry for my eng. SAY THANKS IF YOU LIKE MY SUPPORT
ATTENTION!!! I'M NOT RESPONSABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT YOU MAY CAUSE TO YOUR PHONE,DO IT ON YOUR OWN RISC!!THOSE FIRMWARE ARE FROM THE EUROPEAN OFFICIAL UPDATES,THEY WONT WORK FOR ASIA/AUSTRALIA!(i didnt test it)
You dont have to root your phone for any of those two methods.
THE LATEST ROM IS THE ONE FROM THE FIRST METHOD OF FLASHING!
You will need: -A WINDOWS XP,VISTA,SEVEN machine
-NET COMPACT FRAMEWORK 2.0
-USB CABLE AND THE S5570 ,doh!
First Method(4 files mode) ANDROID 2.3.6
1) Download this version of Odin from HERE
2) Download and install KIES from HERE
(if u allready got Kies pass this step),we need KIES for the latest USB drivers
3) Download the firmware from HERE
4) Download OPS file from HERE
5) Make shure that your phone is 70% charged
6) Turn off your phone
7) Now enter ODIN,you will something like this
8) Load the OPS file that you have just downloaded by clicking OPS
on Odin and select TASS_v1.0.ops
9) Now from the firmware that you have extract it(THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART
goes into BOOT
goes to PHONE
goes to PDA
MAKE SURE THAT YOU GET IT RIGHT!!!
10) Enter Downloading Mode
,press VOLUM DOWN ,OK BUTTON, POWER BUTTON AT THE SAME TIME!
11) Connect the USB cable,now in Odin at COM PORT MAPPING is should appeare the USB cable as connected(COM1,COM2 etc)
12) Now make shure the in ODIN the only boxes that are checked are AUTO REBOOT
, RESET TIME
and PROTECT OPS
after you have checked press START
,now u have to wait 5-6min.
13) It must say above the COM connection PASS
on a blue backgroud to disconnect the USB cable and u are done.!!EVEN IF THE PHONE BOOTS UP DON'T DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE,WAIT FOR THE PASS SCREEN!!
METHOD 2(1 file MODE) ANDROID 2.3.6
1) I guess now u got ODIN and KIES(look in the post above),and your phone haves 70% battery
2) Turn off your phone
2) Now we gonna download the 2.3.6 firmware from HERE
and extract it.
3) Then we download the OPS from BENI OPS
(ATTENTION! IF IS NOT WORKING WITH BENI OPS USE TASS OPS
) we gonna load the file and we have to check the option ONE PACKAGE
then we click the ONE PACKAGE
button below and select the file from the folder that we just downloaded/extracted SS5570XWKTZ_S5570XWKT9_S5570OXFKT5_RST_HOME.tar.md 5
,the only options that should be checked are ONE PACKAGE,RESET TIME,AUTO REBOOT,PROTECT OPS
4) DO A FACTORY RESET,DONT FORGET!!! AND REMOVE DE SD CARD
(you must do this to avoid errors,but isnt a Must
5) Enter Downloading mode,explained above is the 1st method,connect the USB cable,and wait for ODIN to connect to your phone COM port(see above),press START
6) Wait 5min..wait for the PASS screen (like above),disconnect the USB and you are all done.
THANKS TO: http://droidangel.blogspot.com and http://www.sammobile.com