Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,728 Members 44,291 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] OMG FINGERPRINTS!!!!1111one

Tip us?

benutne
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] OMG FINGERPRINTS!!!!1111one

So I have been pretty much just living with the fingerprints on my Hero since there was no other method of input on it but now that I have the Shift, the fingerprints on the touchscreen are driving me crazy. Does anyone have a suggestion for a good screen protector that doesn't show prints?

I'm worried that my constant wiping of the screen will prematurely scratch it.

southernstyle
Old
Thanks Meter 48
I use a zagg protector, its not bad. You will get fingerprints but I don't think they're that noticeable. Of course eating chips and touching the phone is probably always going to leave a fingerprint but otherwise I recommend zagg

Sent from your Mom's Jitterbug

jesusice
Old
Thanks Meter 1,037
I haven't tried it but I saw someone say they apply Rain-X to the screen periodically and makes wiping the prints off easy.

^ Shift Faced

Enraged21
Old
Thanks Meter 21
I use lens cleaning wipe on my anti glare screen protector periodically. Can't really see fingerprints. But the pores do happen to absorb oil..

Evo SHIFT

strapped365
Old
Thanks Meter 2,807

DONATE TO ME
i hate fingerprints too, i use the anti glare screen protector that comes in the 3 pack from sprint, 2 regular and 1 no glare and i love the no glare one, although it kinda washes out the screen its very worth the no fingerprints

prboy1969
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,701
I like the screen protector I got from Zagg. Little hard to get used to at first, cause it's kind of feels funny. But it seems to keep glare down, and definately no fingerprints.

woodfinx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
If you do get the Zagg I wouldnt plan on having a case. Over time the case will lift up the corners of the shield and it will start peeling off.

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

woodfinx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Fwiw ive used mine since January with no protection and no scratches on the screen. If it gets smudges I just wipe it on my shirt.

crazychapmand
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Killer GB Shift

Jedman67
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodfinx View Post
Fwiw ive used mine since January with no protection and no scratches on the screen. If it gets smudges I just wipe it on my shirt.

Or pants, or jacket, or gloves.... :lol: (speaking of gloves, with winter on the way, any decent touchscreen gloves out there?)

Sent from my rooted and CM'd PG06100 using XDA App
"When you add the extra complexity of walking, it's like asking a squirrel to land a 747" -Dilbert