FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

Disappearing apps

370 posts
Thanks Meter: 30

By mngdew, Senior Member on 9th September 2011, 08:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Well, one minute apps were there, then the next minute I couldn't find them.
It looks like transferring apps from the system memory to the sdcard is the cause of this. I didn't have this problem when I had Tbolt. Can somebody duplicate this problem?

Also, I managed to crash the system while copying 300+ files from one folder in sdcard to another folder in internal memory . The screen went black and buttons weren't responding. I had pull the battery out to reboot.

Moto worked on this phone for additional 9 months and still has bugs like these? All these are not good at all.
Last edited by mngdew; 9th September 2011 at 09:16 PM.

9th September 2011, 09:13 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I had similar problems. After installing apps from the market, I could use them, but after reboot some would be gone. One app that was giving me fits was the xda premium app. I think I reinstalled our about 5 times.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium
9th September 2011, 09:14 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was playing the free version of Tetris that EA put on the Market, and I got a call while I was playing.

I picked up the call, finished it, and when I went back to the Home screen I held down the Home button to go to recently used apps and Tetris wasn't there. So I went into my App list and... Tetris wasn't there.

I went into the Market, and it said it was never installed.

Either I hallucinated the half hour before a phone call interrupted my psychotic perceptions of tetriminos, or the phone deleted the app all on its own.

Really strange.
9th September 2011, 09:16 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I too had the same problem. Just download again and they stick.

9th September 2011, 09:31 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30

More
It just happened again. I was transferring some files to the internal memory to sdcard, and the screen didn't wake up. It seems the system is running behind the screen, but I can't see anything on the screen.
9th September 2011, 09:55 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrous

I had similar problems. After installing apps from the market, I could use them, but after reboot some would be gone. One app that was giving me fits was the xda premium app. I think I reinstalled our about 5 times.

I too have seen my XDA app disappear. Based on the layout of the stock launcher now I know other apps are missing, I just haven't figured out what...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
10th September 2011, 12:22 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Had same issue after reboot. Had to re-install apps. I've haven't tried to reboot again. I did download MyBackup so went ahead and backed up my apps and data. The weird thing is, when my apps disappeared and I had to re-install them, they didn't need my usernames or pws to be re-entered. So it seems the data was still there.

UPDATE: Rebooted and it happened again.
Last edited by knitpurlgurl; 10th September 2011 at 12:54 AM.
10th September 2011, 01:08 AM |#8  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Same issue here, lost about 8 apps after reboot

10th September 2011, 03:05 AM |#9  
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 472

Donate to Me
More
Happening to me as well, I just moved everything back from the card onto the phone
10th September 2011, 05:37 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I was able to fix the apps disappearing by going into manage applications then the media area tab and making sure that no apps were checked. Any that were I moved back to the phone.

10th September 2011, 06:13 AM |#11  
Flag Daytona
Thanks Meter: 36

More
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the Bionic, like the D3, is configured differently than other Android phones. The /sdcard partition is actually the internal storage... part of the 16GB the advertise as internal. The removable SDcard is /sdcard-ext. Not sure if that is a contributing factor. I've not seen that problem but I'll keep an eye out for it.

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread