Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Disappearing apps

OP mngdew

9th September 2011, 08:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

291 posts
More
Well, one minute apps were there, then the next minute I couldn't find them.
It looks like transferring apps from the system memory to the sdcard is the cause of this. I didn't have this problem when I had Tbolt. Can somebody duplicate this problem?

Also, I managed to crash the system while copying 300+ files from one folder in sdcard to another folder in internal memory . The screen went black and buttons weren't responding. I had pull the battery out to reboot.

Moto worked on this phone for additional 9 months and still has bugs like these? All these are not good at all.
Last edited by mngdew; 9th September 2011 at 09:16 PM.
9th September 2011, 09:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
I had similar problems. After installing apps from the market, I could use them, but after reboot some would be gone. One app that was giving me fits was the xda premium app. I think I reinstalled our about 5 times.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium
9th September 2011, 09:14 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

49 posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was playing the free version of Tetris that EA put on the Market, and I got a call while I was playing.

I picked up the call, finished it, and when I went back to the Home screen I held down the Home button to go to recently used apps and Tetris wasn't there. So I went into my App list and... Tetris wasn't there.

I went into the Market, and it said it was never installed.

Either I hallucinated the half hour before a phone call interrupted my psychotic perceptions of tetriminos, or the phone deleted the app all on its own.

Really strange.
9th September 2011, 09:16 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

20 posts
I too had the same problem. Just download again and they stick.

9th September 2011, 09:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 16

291 posts
More
It just happened again. I was transferring some files to the internal memory to sdcard, and the screen didn't wake up. It seems the system is running behind the screen, but I can't see anything on the screen.
9th September 2011, 09:55 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrous

I had similar problems. After installing apps from the market, I could use them, but after reboot some would be gone. One app that was giving me fits was the xda premium app. I think I reinstalled our about 5 times.

I too have seen my XDA app disappear. Based on the layout of the stock launcher now I know other apps are missing, I just haven't figured out what...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
10th September 2011, 12:22 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 5

119 posts
More
Had same issue after reboot. Had to re-install apps. I've haven't tried to reboot again. I did download MyBackup so went ahead and backed up my apps and data. The weird thing is, when my apps disappeared and I had to re-install them, they didn't need my usernames or pws to be re-entered. So it seems the data was still there.

UPDATE: Rebooted and it happened again.
Last edited by knitpurlgurl; 10th September 2011 at 12:54 AM.
10th September 2011, 01:08 AM   |  #8  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 45

476 posts
More
Same issue here, lost about 8 apps after reboot

10th September 2011, 03:05 AM   |  #9  
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 472

1,383 posts
Donate to Me
More
Happening to me as well, I just moved everything back from the card onto the phone
10th September 2011, 05:37 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

14 posts
I was able to fix the apps disappearing by going into manage applications then the media area tab and making sure that no apps were checked. Any that were I moved back to the phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread