Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 42,529 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disappearing apps

Tip us?

mngdew
Old
(Last edited by mngdew; 9th September 2011 at 09:16 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Thumbs down Disappearing apps

Well, one minute apps were there, then the next minute I couldn't find them.
It looks like transferring apps from the system memory to the sdcard is the cause of this. I didn't have this problem when I had Tbolt. Can somebody duplicate this problem?

Also, I managed to crash the system while copying 300+ files from one folder in sdcard to another folder in internal memory . The screen went black and buttons weren't responding. I had pull the battery out to reboot.

Moto worked on this phone for additional 9 months and still has bugs like these? All these are not good at all.
CleanRom
Ka-ping! Ka-pow!

sirrous
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I had similar problems. After installing apps from the market, I could use them, but after reboot some would be gone. One app that was giving me fits was the xda premium app. I think I reinstalled our about 5 times.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

Feoen
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was playing the free version of Tetris that EA put on the Market, and I got a call while I was playing.

I picked up the call, finished it, and when I went back to the Home screen I held down the Home button to go to recently used apps and Tetris wasn't there. So I went into my App list and... Tetris wasn't there.

I went into the Market, and it said it was never installed.

Either I hallucinated the half hour before a phone call interrupted my psychotic perceptions of tetriminos, or the phone deleted the app all on its own.

Really strange.

7olycon7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I too had the same problem. Just download again and they stick.

mngdew
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
It just happened again. I was transferring some files to the internal memory to sdcard, and the screen didn't wake up. It seems the system is running behind the screen, but I can't see anything on the screen.
CleanRom
Ka-ping! Ka-pow!

ridleykj0
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrous View Post
I had similar problems. After installing apps from the market, I could use them, but after reboot some would be gone. One app that was giving me fits was the xda premium app. I think I reinstalled our about 5 times.

I too have seen my XDA app disappear. Based on the layout of the stock launcher now I know other apps are missing, I just haven't figured out what...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

knitpurlgurl
Old
(Last edited by knitpurlgurl; 10th September 2011 at 12:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Had same issue after reboot. Had to re-install apps. I've haven't tried to reboot again. I did download MyBackup so went ahead and backed up my apps and data. The weird thing is, when my apps disappeared and I had to re-install them, they didn't need my usernames or pws to be re-entered. So it seems the data was still there.

UPDATE: Rebooted and it happened again.

ROB281
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Same issue here, lost about 8 apps after reboot

NeoMagus
Old
Thanks Meter 469

DONATE TO ME
Happening to me as well, I just moved everything back from the card onto the phone
Nexus 7 16GB C8 4.4.4 / Unlocked /Rooted
Nexus 7 32GB v2 4.4.4 / Unlocked /Rooted
LTE Galaxy Nexus 32GB 4.4.4 / Unlocked /Rooted
LTE Galaxy SIII 32GB 4.4.4 CM11 / Unlocked /Rooted
LTE Galaxy Note 3 NC2 4.4.2 / Rooted

"Executing sudo command."

sirrous
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I was able to fix the apps disappearing by going into manage applications then the media area tab and making sure that no apps were checked. Any that were I moved back to the phone.