[TOOL] - X10 Bootloader Unlock Tool 0.1.1 - Mayazcherquoi (11/09/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Please download this program instead. The one mentioned below is for archival purposes ONLY.

========================================================

X10 Bootloader Unlock Tool (0.1.1)
by Mayazcherquoi

attachment.php

What does this do?
This is simply a graphical front end to the_laser's Windows batch files, with the added questions to prevent accidental device bricking.

Can I use this without having to downgrade to 2.1?
Yes, but make sure you follow 9Lukas5's guide here. Just disregard the third bullet point and use my program instead :)

How hard is it to use?
Not hard at all. Just click the big "Unlock Bootloader"* button :)

What is the point of this?
For people who don't like black backgrounds and white texts, but feel more comfortable with GUIs :)

Will you release the source code?
Now? No. In time, yes. Why not now? This is just a quickly developed application and the code is rather embarrassing at the moment :eek:

Do you plan to further develop this program?
Indeed I do. I plan to make it a nicer GUI, implement automatic kernel flashing (for those who use 2.3.x), and much more robust. :) As aforementioned, this is simply a quick mock-up. :)

Download:

VERSION 0.1.1:
Download the attached file below, "x10_bootloader_unlock.zip", or by clicking here. :)

Changelog:
Code:
0.1.1 (11/09/2011):
  - Fixed ADB errors.
  - Fixed "Bootloader" misspelling on button.

0.1 (10/09/2011):
  - Initial Release.

Announcement:
Dear members,

My priority is the X10. I apologise if you feel left out because of this. However, have no fear, because as soon as my implementation for the X10 is complete then the X8 (and other devices) will soon follow (like, almost immediately) :)

Regards,
Mayazcherquoi.

PLEASE REPORT BUGS. I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS!!!

* Please ignore the spelling mistake on the button :(

Attachments

• x10_bootloader_unlock.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 20,007
  • x10_bootloader_unlock_011.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 50,920
  • x10unlocktool_0.1.png
    x10unlocktool_0.1.png
    46.4 KB · Views: 3,539
  • x10unlocktool_0.1.1.png
    x10unlocktool_0.1.1.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 79,078
Last edited:
M

Mr_Bartek

What about phones previously unlocked with SETool/Omnibus? Is there some kind of detection in the program?

What about phones previously unlocked with SETool/Omnibus? Is there some kind of detection in the program?

It will ask if you have unlocked it via SETool or another method. If SETool, it will execute the appropriate code. Otherwise, it will show a friendly little popup box saying that it won't do it because it will risk your device :)

Reactions: pficrx

DooMLoRD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2010
Pune
@OP
u do know that there is a edited module posted for rooted 2.3.3 ROM... so there should be no need to do kernel downgrade if u have rooted 2.3.3 ROM...

Reactions: kaisan1 and LJE

Uno2

Mar 30, 2008
What steps do I have to follow? thx

hello, the S1 identify tool said me

RUNNING S1_EROM VER "R8A013"
SOFTWARE AID: 0001
LOADER AID: 0001
FLASH ID: "002C/00B3"
LOADER VERSION: "R4A024"

MODEL (from GDFS): X10i
SOFTWARE VERSION: 1227-4612_3.0.1.G.0.75
CUSTOM VERSION: 1241-1846_R1C
FILESYSTEM VERSION: WORLD-1-4-8_3.0.1.G.0.75

SEMC SIMLOCK CERTIFICATE

What steps do I have to follow? thx

@OP
u do know that there is a edited module posted for rooted 2.3.3 ROM... so there should be no need to do kernel downgrade if u have rooted 2.3.3 ROM...

I was not aware, my apologies. I was just going by 9Lukas5's guide which I thought was updated, and I still found references of having to downgrade the kernel. Please link me to this module? :)

LegibleEel

Jan 16, 2011
Manchester
I was gonna wait till more stuff came out which took advantage of the bootloader but oh well :D... do I have to downgrade the kernel etc?? or is it just plug in and press button kinda thing?
Edit: Ah dm didn't read fully :)

Last edited:

G-FACE

Jul 9, 2010
Plovdiv
Thank you.

For users, please bare in mind that this tool does exactly the same thing as the batch file! So take the same precautions as you would, this just adds some security checks (questions) to prevent accidental brickings and gives you a "one-click" unlock solution!

Thanks!
Now i see in the package you have mapper_2.6.29.ko, is it needed to downgrade the kernel then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please download this program instead. The one mentioned below is for archival purposes ONLY.

========================================================

X10 Bootloader Unlock Tool (0.1.1)
    by Mayazcherquoi

attachment.php

What does this do?
    This is simply a graphical front end to the_laser's Windows batch files, with the added questions to prevent accidental device bricking.

Can I use this without having to downgrade to 2.1?
    Yes, but make sure you follow 9Lukas5's guide here. Just disregard the third bullet point and use my program instead :)

How hard is it to use?
    Not hard at all. Just click the big "Unlock Bootloader"* button :)

What is the point of this?
    For people who don't like black backgrounds and white texts, but feel more comfortable with GUIs :)

Will you release the source code?
    Now? No. In time, yes. Why not now? This is just a quickly developed application and the code is rather embarrassing at the moment :eek:

Do you plan to further develop this program?
    Indeed I do. I plan to make it a nicer GUI, implement automatic kernel flashing (for those who use 2.3.x), and much more robust. :) As aforementioned, this is simply a quick mock-up. :)

Download:

VERSION 0.1.1:
    Download the attached file below, "x10_bootloader_unlock.zip", or by clicking here. :)

Changelog:
    Code:
    0.1.1 (11/09/2011):
      - Fixed ADB errors.
      - Fixed "Bootloader" misspelling on button.

0.1 (10/09/2011):
      - Initial Release.

Announcement:
    Dear members,

My priority is the X10. I apologise if you feel left out because of this. However, have no fear, because as soon as my implementation for the X10 is complete then the X8 (and other devices) will soon follow (like, almost immediately) :)

Regards,
    Mayazcherquoi.

PLEASE REPORT BUGS. I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS!!!

* Please ignore the spelling mistake on the button :(
    Bootloader? What's a "bootloader"?

Just new with bootloader unlocking. I just want to ask what does the bootloader unlocking does?

No one seems to have answered this in simply, so I will try. Anyone seeing a mistake on my part please correct me.

Keeping it simple, the phone has three levels of software: the apps, the OS, and the bootloader.
    - the bootloader is the first to start up when you turn on the phone. It starts then it starts to load the android OS.
    - the OS loads
    - apps begin to load, some automatically, some only when you launch them.

The version of the OS can be changed. This happens during system upgrades (like going from android 1.6 to 2.1, and then from 2.1 to 2.3). But you can also load other versions of the OS, called alternate ROMs. CyanogenMod is one famous example. MIUI appears to be another. These ROMs are made from android, but are not maintained by google or SonyEricsson, ... They are largely community projects. Using an alternate ROM can give you some features that your cell phone carrier had disabled in the ROM version your phone came with. WiFi tethering would be one example. AT&T doesn't want you using your phone as a modem for your laptop, so they take that part out of the version of android they provide to their customers.

There are two ways to add these blacklisted features back into your phone. One is rooting. This is not changing the ROM; it is just getting deeper control of the ROM you have. When your phone is rooted, you are a superuser or an admin. You can enter "dangerous" commands like deleting the shutter sound for the camera (on some phones). Normally these commands are ignored, but if your phone is rooted, you can do it. You become the boss of your phone. You can install banned apps and remove mandatory apps as well.

The second way is changing ROMs. If you change ROMs, you don't just have the superuser power that comes with rooting the phone, you have a totally new OS, generally an open OS that does not have the protections of the original. However, the carriers don't want you to do this, so they use the bootloader as something of a gatekeeper. The bootloader can be encrypted and protected so that 1) you cannot alter the bootloader without causing the system to fail 2) you cannot alter the OS without the bootloader noticing and causing the system to fail. The bootloader launches the OS; a protected bootloader ensures you run only the Os/ROM that your carrier wants you to run. Unlocking the bootloader makes it possible to change the ROM.

So, the bootloader is like a gate or gatekeeper. A "locked" bootlader is one who is chained to the gate. The OS or ROM is like the field or pasture beyond the gate. The apps are the cows and horses or corn and beans growing in your field. Most of us can change the crops at will, but elephants and zebras are banned -- unless you root your phone. And unlocking the bootloader is equivalent to unchaining the gatekeeper. You can then change the whole field and change from pig farming to growing spaghetti trees, tofu bushes, catfish, or apartment blocks.

Unlocking the bootloader doesn't change any of these things, it just enables them to be changed.

note: I would like to know if anyone has unlocked the bootloader AND changed ROMs on the Japanese docomo SO-01B version of the X10. Thanks.
    @OP