Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 39,258 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][JUL.17]Bricked-3.0|3.0.36|v1.4|cmdline|Sweep2Wake|mpdecision|bad ass

Tip us?

miniterror
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 417

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggimon View Post
Not sure what works for you, but I remove extra stuff on the phone. Eg don't use the google search stuff, so I removed that, the same goes for htc watch, reader, stock, twitter, google voice and all the other apps I Don't use. Used Titanium Backup (payed version, gives option of freezing apps). And then I guess radio and provider also has a thing to say. where I work I can throw a stone at my providers nearest antenna. So most of the time, I'm close to excellent coverage. Also I try to keep my phone on wifi as much as possible, since it uses less power keeping a connection.

Also at night I use display brightness to a minimum.
Hmmm i already deleted all the stuff i dont use with tb.
It whas the free version and i didnt freeze them but then again it gets deleted so why should it be frozen?
As for the screenbrightnes i already have it at manual so nothing i can do there
Thanks anyway

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

show-p1984
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 11429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik.dk View Post
thanks.
I am really not a heavy gamer. Battery life is more important.
So will I gain anything if I set the max freq back to 1.2 (if possible) using this kernel? I use it for GPS navigation also. It is important that it last long ...
ofc clocks @ 1,2Ghz will save some battery. Even undervolting to a lower voltage will. But remember: A cpu is not a light-bulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniterror View Post
i really wonder how you guys do that.
i use it at 1.2ghz and i lowerd voltages with system tuner.
i used the -12.5mv button til 1.2 ghz whas at 1000mv
still with those settings i can only get 4 hours screen on time(i think screen on time is the most important thing)
i already have a anker batterie and i calibrated it like 10 times now.

on topic:
how is the rewrite going show for 1.0?
Currently trying to figure out the new ruu problem....
in Euro.

Creator of Sweep2wake, cmdline_khz/gov/scheduler/maxscroff, badass, 3-phase-kernel-thermal-control, kernel mpdecision (msm/tegra), etc...
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." [Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law]

<<<< Before you ask questions, read and understand this! >>>>
Translations:
Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish.

KControl thread on xda:
The Following User Says Thank You to show-p1984 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

henrik.dk
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Thanks. I will definitely give it a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggimon View Post
Henrik,

I would recommend that you do the following:

1: Add show-p1984's undervolting script - Added on post with max 1.2 ghz
2: Go to ebay and buy an anker batteri 1900mah - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Anker-Batt...item20bb6b2873

I added two versions show's script, one for 1.2Ghz and one for 1.5Ghz. Place one of them in /etc/system on your phone and chmod it to 755.

This has really helped on my battery life. Am on day two and still above 50% battery life.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

How about performance. Then at the 1.2GHz, will the performance better than the stock one? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by show-p1984 View Post
ofc clocks @ 1,2Ghz will save some battery. Even undervolting to a lower voltage will. But remember: A cpu is not a light-bulb

show-p1984
Old
Thanks Meter 11429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Thanks. I will definitely give it a try.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

How about performance. Then at the 1.2GHz, will the performance better than the stock one? Thanks.
Ofc the performance will be better than stock. Just try it urself, it will save you hours of asking questions and waiting for answers
in Euro.

Creator of Sweep2wake, cmdline_khz/gov/scheduler/maxscroff, badass, 3-phase-kernel-thermal-control, kernel mpdecision (msm/tegra), etc...
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." [Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law]

Translations:
Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish.

KControl thread on xda:

B-Man2005
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Ofc the performance will be better than stock. Just try it urself, it will save you hours of asking questions and waiting for answers
Do you make progress in 235 kernel for sense 3.5 ?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA Premium App

HTC ONE MAX International
Android Base 4.4.2 / HTC Base NU Sense6 / 2.61 Firmware / S-OFF /

show-p1984
Old
Thanks Meter 11429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Man2005 View Post
Do you make progress in 235 kernel for sense 3.5 ?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA Premium App
Not really... The last debian update has torpedoed my developing machine... Currently in the process of downgrading everything again ...
Baadnewz will try to put old libs inside his next update to fix custom kernels.
in Euro.

Translations:

KControl thread on xda:

henrik.dk
Old
Thanks Meter 76
It definitely helps as the answers here are of such high quality. I even got the script to try it. thanks bros.
Quote:

-DC-
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
It definitely helps as the answers here are of such high quality. I even got the script to try it. thanks bros.
*v0.91* [ondemand, smartassv2 optional, PREEMPTIBLE, recommended]

ehm, what's the cpu speed? oO 1.53? Why does it show 1.89 in cf bench, hm... And LOOOOW result there - 5790! oO (10037\2960\5790)

show-p1984
Old
Thanks Meter 11429

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by -DC- View Post
*v0.91* [ondemand, smartassv2 optional, PREEMPTIBLE, recommended]

ehm, what's the cpu speed? oO 1.53? Why does it show 1.89 in cf bench, hm... And LOOOOW result there - 5790! oO (10037\2960\5790)
Bug in cf-bench. It sometimes detects the max speed and thinks it was the current speed.
Change clocks (one time down/up) with any of your desired oc apps or with echo. Should be fixed.
This result is indeed low, maybe your phone is preoccupied in doing sth else.
in Euro.

Translations:

KControl thread on xda:

-DC-
Old
Thanks Meter 22
6441 after reset. still low afaik

Tags
badass, bricked, bricked is bad ass, sensation, show-p1984 deserves a kernel grammy, show-p1984 is the grandpa of all kernels, sweep2wake