FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

[KERNEL][JUL.17]Bricked-3.0|3.0.36|v1.4|cmdline|Sweep2Wake|mpdecision|bad ass

3,441 posts
Thanks Meter: 11,922
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
12th September 2011, 07:23 PM |#101  
banesi's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by show-p1984

Nope, you should do something else (since you can't access your phone while bootlooping)

Code:
Flash Bricked on your cm
Boot it
when display goes blank after splash remove bat
Insert bat and enter cwm, flash bootable kernel
post this file: /proc/last_kmsg
Perhaps I can make some sense out of that

Can we just do it with adb without this battery pulling out thing, something like:

adb shell cat /proc/kmsg > %userprofile%/desktop/kmesg.txt

Press CTRL-C to end logging.
 
 
12th September 2011, 07:25 PM |#102  
show-p1984's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,922
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by banesi

Can we just do it with adb without this battery pulling out thing, something like:

adb shell cat /proc/kmsg > %userprofile%/desktop/kmesg.txt

Press CTRL-C to end logging.

While on the splash screen you have no adb. adb needs a booted kernel. Which is not happening with your CM.
The Following User Says Thank You to show-p1984 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2011, 07:32 PM |#103  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 417
 
Donate to Me
More
Hmmm i think its solved
It doesnt get as hot as it did this morning.
Think im gonna try that beta kernel.
If i get heating again you want the kmsg file or its useless cause its beta?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium
12th September 2011, 07:40 PM |#104  
show-p1984's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,922
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniterror

Hmmm i think its solved
It doesnt get as hot as it did this morning.
Think im gonna try that beta kernel.
If i get heating again you want the kmsg file or its useless cause its beta?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

kmsg is always a good
Never can have enough of them
12th September 2011, 07:41 PM |#105  
VisedMonk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Cheers! Thanks for the incredible work on this kernel - you and Baad's IC rom have my Sensation simply flying, with pretty good battery life, too (v0.4, ondemand preemptible). Thanks for all your hard work.

Have a few cold ones on me. Na zdrowie! Vivat!

Confirmation No. 8F4288311B0393115
The Following User Says Thank You to VisedMonk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2011, 07:47 PM |#106  
show-p1984's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,922
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisedMonk

Cheers! Thanks for the incredible work on this kernel - you and Baad's IC rom have my Sensation simply flying, with pretty good battery life, too (v0.4, ondemand preemptible). Thanks for all your hard work.

Have a few cold ones on me. Na zdrowie! Vivat!

Confirmation No. 8F4288311B0393115

Thank you very much!
I'll drink to that!
12th September 2011, 08:50 PM |#107  
daman215's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag philadephia
Thanks Meter: 412
 
More
so the beta kerel is not oc correct
12th September 2011, 08:51 PM |#108  
VisedMonk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Any plans to undervolt this kernel?
Hi show-p, just wondered if you had any plans to undervolt this kernel, or to release an undervolted version of the kernel in addition to your regular release?
12th September 2011, 08:55 PM |#109  
baadnewz's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 30,831
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisedMonk

Hi show-p, just wondered if you had any plans to undervolt this kernel, or to release an undervolted version of the kernel in addition to your regular release?

he will
12th September 2011, 08:57 PM |#110  
show-p1984's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,922
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daman215

so the beta kerel is not oc correct

OC@1536/192

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisedMonk

Hi show-p, just wondered if you had any plans to undervolt this kernel, or to release an undervolted version of the kernel in addition to your regular release?

Already written somewhere in this thread. This kernel is already undervolted and I will release a version which has, again, lower voltage than already used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniterror

hmmm still getting warm within 5 min of use only browsing xda a little,
less warm then it did this morning though
i made the two files hope its good
turned it on from terminal and then turned screen off
hope you see anything strange in there and i didnt waste youre time

Something is changing CPU clocks and forcing CPU1 to wakeup... Looks like an OC app that doesn't know what it is doing.
Code:
<4>[ 1227.722139] CPU1: Booted secondary processor
<6>[ 1228.279023] CPU1: msm_pm_power_collapse: change clock rate (old rate = 918000)
<6>[ 1248.032864] CPU0: msm_pm_power_collapse: change clock rate (old rate = 1188000)
<6>[ 1248.032864] CPU0: msm_pm_power_collapse: restore clock rate to 1188000
<6>[ 1248.752651] CPU0: msm_pm_power_collapse: change clock rate (old rate = 1188000)
<6>[ 1248.752651] CPU0: msm_pm_power_collapse: restore clock rate to 1188000
<4>[ 1249.181299] CPU1: Booted secondary processor
<6>[ 1249.840509] CPU1: msm_pm_power_collapse: change clock rate (old rate = 384000)
<4>[ 1251.747336] CPU1: Booted secondary processor
<6>[ 1253.878954] CPU1: msm_pm_power_collapse: change clock rate (old rate = 384000)
<4>[ 1254.319994] CPU1: Booted secondary processor
<6>[ 1255.200424] CPU1: msm_pm_power_collapse: change clock rate (old rate = 384000)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to show-p1984 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2011, 09:02 PM |#111  
VisedMonk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by show-p1984

**SNIP**


Already written somewhere in this thread. This kernel is already undervolted and I will release a version which has, again, lower voltage than already used.

**SNIP**

Whoops! Missed that post. Thanks for not flaming me...

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
badass, bricked, bricked is bad ass, sensation, show-p1984 deserves a kernel grammy, show-p1984 is the grandpa of all kernels, sweep2wake
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes