Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[KERNEL][JUL.17]Bricked-3.0|3.0.36|v1.4|cmdline|Sweep2Wake|mpdecision|bad ass

OP show-p1984

20th February 2012, 07:03 PM   |  #4661  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
464 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marusaia

Very great Kernel. Thx for it.


Anyone can explain me what "msm: add dimmed capacitive LEDs
" mean?

How can i tune the dimm of the buttons?

Thx.

it just means that the 4 buttons on the bottom are slightly dimmed (less bright than compared to stock) when they are on, btw you dont control them yourself although that would be cool
Last edited by walkinhotdog; 20th February 2012 at 07:05 PM.
22nd February 2012, 12:25 PM   |  #4662  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
248 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Hi. Tried to install this on my Sensation but something went wrong..

Welcome to 2.6.35-14-Bricked-v1.5-1536-192.show-p1984

Code:
Extracting
Copying
Repack
Flashing
assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/newboot.img", "boot")
E: Error in /sdcard/Bricked-1v1.5-ondmnd-...
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
Any ideas as to why?

My phone is also a bit disfunctional since, WiFi does not work. If I try to enable it from settings it says 'Error'.

Edit:

Tried this change as adviced by some user earlier in this thread..

/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script:

run_program("/tmp/dd", "if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20", "of=/tmp/boot.img");;

to

run_program("/tmp/dd", "if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20", "of=/tmp/boot.img", "bs=256", "skip=1");;

This made the script work and go all the way to ui_print("by show-p1984");.. but now my phone doesn't boot. I get the white background and big HTC logo then it just goes black. Had to remove the battery.

So I read a little more and read a suggestion that I should wipe the dalvik cache. So booted into CWM and did just that, rebooted and now it actually starts!
Last edited by Konstigt; 23rd February 2012 at 11:02 AM.
23rd February 2012, 11:36 AM   |  #4663  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
248 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstigt

So I read a little more and read a suggestion that I should wipe the dalvik cache. So booted into CWM and did just that, rebooted and now it actually starts!

Called a couple of calls (4-5 calls and a maximum of 5 minutes in length). During the last call the screen went black and I wasn't able to get it lit again. Seems to have gotten stuck in standby...

I checked with CPU Tuner and my minimum frequency is (now?) 384MHz.

Edit: One more time.. the phone was just idling (maybe 30 mins since last usage). Did not respond to any button. Did not ring when called to but the bottom leds lit when I stopped calling it.

How do I fix this very annoying problem?

Edit2: Didn't even boot properly after rebooting so that's it for me. Going back to stock kernel, this one ... was not so good.
Last edited by Konstigt; 23rd February 2012 at 03:14 PM.
24th February 2012, 09:52 AM   |  #4664  
nDman.sk's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
110 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Awesome kernel..!
Thank you man, with faux kernel my top benchmark was a little higher than stock sensation but with your kernel it's higher than sgsii.



Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1330074160815.jpg
Views:	2052
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	917301  
Last edited by nDman.sk; 24th February 2012 at 10:17 AM.
24th February 2012, 02:09 PM   |  #4665  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 114
 
172 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstigt

Hi. Tried to install this on my Sensation but something went wrong..

Welcome to 2.6.35-14-Bricked-v1.5-1536-192.show-p1984

Code:
Extracting
Copying
Repack
Flashing
assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/newboot.img", "boot")
E: Error in /sdcard/Bricked-1v1.5-ondmnd-...
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
Any ideas as to why?

My phone is also a bit disfunctional since, WiFi does not work. If I try to enable it from settings it says 'Error'.

Edit:

Tried this change as adviced by some user earlier in this thread..

/META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script:

run_program("/tmp/dd", "if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20", "of=/tmp/boot.img");;

to

run_program("/tmp/dd", "if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p20", "of=/tmp/boot.img", "bs=256", "skip=1");;

This made the script work and go all the way to ui_print("by show-p1984");.. but now my phone doesn't boot. I get the white background and big HTC logo then it just goes black. Had to remove the battery.

So I read a little more and read a suggestion that I should wipe the dalvik cache. So booted into CWM and did just that, rebooted and now it actually starts!

Did u check MD5 sums?!?! probably your zip is corrupted, what do u want to force write?!?!!?!?!?!!?!
25th February 2012, 11:16 AM   |  #4666  
i900frenchaddict's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dijon
Thanks Meter: 136
 
876 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinhotdog

it just means that the 4 buttons on the bottom are slightly dimmed (less bright than compared to stock) when they are on, btw you dont control them yourself although that would be cool

I answer a bit late (and a bit off-topic here ) just to say that with Gingerbread ROMs, you can use an app called YALT (free from the market) that allows, with a single press on a widget, to put the buttons light ON or OFF, pretty cool when watching a video to have buttons OFF.
Sadely, it has no effect if running ICS.
25th February 2012, 11:58 PM   |  #4667  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
464 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by i900frenchaddict

I answer a bit late (and a bit off-topic here ) just to say that with Gingerbread ROMs, you can use an app called YALT (free from the market) that allows, with a single press on a widget, to put the buttons light ON or OFF, pretty cool when watching a video to have buttons OFF.
Sadely, it has no effect if running ICS.

that sounds awesome, but i cant find on market.
19th March 2012, 01:17 AM   |  #4668  
Snah001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,194
 
1,297 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2006
More
Hi show,
Of course you know that source for ICS kernel is out..........

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium
19th March 2012, 01:19 AM   |  #4669  
show-p1984's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,695
 
3,383 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snah001

Hi show,
Of course you know that source for ICS kernel is out..........

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda premium

Yeah ofc, already on it pushing cherry-picking and recompiling and testing and recompiling and picking and removing pte_fuse and recompiling and testing... etc etc
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to show-p1984 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2012, 01:19 AM   |  #4670  
Senior Member
Flag Worthing
Thanks Meter: 190
 
4,274 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
its a shame ZSL never got cracked.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
badass, bricked, bricked is bad ass, sensation, show-p1984 deserves a kernel grammy, show-p1984 is the grandpa of all kernels, sweep2wake
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes