18th September 2011, 06:59 PM   |  #601  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 11,441

3,330 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevy73

Seems like this member is one of a very few having reboots. I wonder if they can't handle 1.5ghz OC? Maybe they should try using the stock kernel and see if the problem persists? Just a thought

That would not seem to be the case. because the phone clocks down to 192 mhz when the screen it off. It may be a problem with the deep sleep mode (again), the gpu driver did prevent it from being engaged before. That would also explain why I can't reproduce the problem while logging kernel messages. As long as the device falls not into deep sleep mode, everything is fine.
18th September 2011, 07:00 PM   |  #602  
Thanks Meter: 54

830 posts
More
Hey show, is there an undervolt script that I can apply?
18th September 2011, 07:02 PM   |  #603  
OP Recognized Developer

3,330 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgear356

Hey show, is there an undervolt script that I can apply?

It's already undervolted as much as I would recommend it. But if you want to go further down, install system tuner, afaik the only app that can control the vdd table. (there maybe others in the meantime, haven't looked for a while)
The Following User Says Thank You to show-p1984 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2011, 07:23 PM   |  #604  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 18

179 posts
I too had a reboot on the latest beta kernel while the screen was off. I just upgraded to InsertCoin 2.5.3 + Latest Beta Kernel. Put phone in my pocket, and 30 minutes later pulled it out, pushed the power button, and nothing happened.... then the phone started booting up.

So either it just rebooted, or it powered itself off while sleeping..

I haven't been able to reproduce, but I've only been using the latest Beta kernel for an hour now.
18th September 2011, 07:24 PM   |  #605  
OP Recognized Developer

3,330 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gururise

I too had a reboot on the latest beta kernel while the screen was off. I just upgraded to InsertCoin 2.5.3 + Latest Beta Kernel. Put phone in my pocket, and 30 minutes later pulled it out, pushed the power button, and nothing happened.... then the phone started booting up.

I haven't been able to reproduce, but I've only been using the latest Beta kernel for an hour now.

I go with reboot, or else it would be a hell of a feature xD
18th September 2011, 07:25 PM   |  #606  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,057

13,323 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gururise

That's exactly what happened to me, back to 0.7 at the mo and it seems OK
18th September 2011, 07:27 PM   |  #607  
Flag Madrid (Spain)
Thanks Meter: 31

79 posts
More
Hey show-p, I'd like to report my experience.

I did a full wipe, installed IC 2.5.3, then last beta 0.859 kernel (about 10 minutes after you released it). All i did then was restore my contacts from a vcard file on SD. I have not installed anything and neither have configured any accounts because i wanted to check the "deep sleep" error of the GPU you talked about. I have received 3 or 4 calls and the rest of the time the phone was lying on a table doing nothing (to check for the error).

The phone simply flies, no errors, no reboots, no battery drain, no issues at all. Of course it's completely clean of apps or any data, but the kernel seems to work great and with no problems when phone is at idle. IC 2.5.3 already has the "problematic script" removed, of course. I just thought you would like to know the reboot problem when screen off seems to have disappeared with this last beta (after a full wipe and with the right ROM) . Great work!
Last edited by doctorlirio; 18th September 2011 at 07:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to doctorlirio For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2011, 07:30 PM   |  #608  
OP Recognized Developer

3,330 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorlirio

Hey show-p, I'd like to report my experience.

I did a full wipe, installed IC 2.5.3, then last beta 0.859 kernel (about 10 minutes after you released it). All i did then was restore my contacts from a vcard file on SD. I have not installed anything and neither have configured any accounts because i wanted to check the "deep sleep" error of the GPU you talked about. I have received 3 or 4 calls and the rest of the time the phone was lying on a table doing nothing (to check for the error).

The phone simply flies, no errors, no reboots, no battery drain, no issues at all. Of course it's completely clean of apps or any data, but the kernel seems to work great and with no problems when phone is at idle. IC 2.5.3 already has the "problematic script" removed, of course. I just thought you would like to know the reboot problem when screen off seems to have disappeared with this last beta. Great work!

Thank you for this report, but I think it will eventually happen to you too. This seems to only occur when the device is completely sleeping. no app running in the background, no push email, no twitter, no weather... Since rarely this is the case, it seems that the reboots are also rarely on phones with an always available data connection...
18th September 2011, 07:31 PM   |  #609  
Flag LANCASTER
Thanks Meter: 67

176 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by show-p1984

That is on my todo list once the reboots are fixed.

I am trying to reproduce this since a few hours now... I can't seem to get it. Please if it is not too much to ask, could you or someone else install a terminal app and enter this:

Code:
cat /proc/kmsg > /sdcard/kernel.log
Of course let this command and the app run in the background.
If then a reboot occurs it would be extremely helpfull to see the output.

Setting it up!
The Following User Says Thank You to zoman7663 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th September 2011, 07:35 PM   |  #610  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,057

13,323 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by show-p1984

Thank you for this report, but I think it will eventually happen to you too. This seems to only occur when the device is completely sleeping. no app running in the background, no push email, no twitter, no weather... Since rarely this is the case, it seems that the reboots are also rarely on phones with an always available data connection...

My phone rebooted after receiving a Gmail notification. I went to wake the phone and it rebooted. this was everything app wise setup as normal

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
badass, bricked, bricked is bad ass, sensation, show-p1984 deserves a kernel grammy, show-p1984 is the grandpa of all kernels, sweep2wake
Previous Thread Next Thread