Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,628 Members 38,913 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL][JUL.17]Bricked-3.0|3.0.36|v1.4|cmdline|Sweep2Wake|mpdecision|bad ass

Tip us?

show-p1984
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 11,441

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
Seems like this member is one of a very few having reboots. I wonder if they can't handle 1.5ghz OC? Maybe they should try using the stock kernel and see if the problem persists? Just a thought
That would not seem to be the case. because the phone clocks down to 192 mhz when the screen it off. It may be a problem with the deep sleep mode (again), the gpu driver did prevent it from being engaged before. That would also explain why I can't reproduce the problem while logging kernel messages. As long as the device falls not into deep sleep mode, everything is fine.
in Euro.

Creator of Sweep2wake, cmdline_khz/gov/scheduler/maxscroff, badass, 3-phase-kernel-thermal-control, kernel mpdecision (msm/tegra), etc...
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." [Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law]

<<<< Before you ask questions, read and understand this! >>>>
Translations:
Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish.

KControl thread on xda:

mgear356
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Hey show, is there an undervolt script that I can apply?

show-p1984
Old
Thanks Meter 11,441

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgear356 View Post
Hey show, is there an undervolt script that I can apply?
It's already undervolted as much as I would recommend it. But if you want to go further down, install system tuner, afaik the only app that can control the vdd table. (there maybe others in the meantime, haven't looked for a while)
in Euro.

Creator of Sweep2wake, cmdline_khz/gov/scheduler/maxscroff, badass, 3-phase-kernel-thermal-control, kernel mpdecision (msm/tegra), etc...
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." [Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law]

Translations:
Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Turkish.

KControl thread on xda:
The Following User Says Thank You to show-p1984 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gururise
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I too had a reboot on the latest beta kernel while the screen was off. I just upgraded to InsertCoin 2.5.3 + Latest Beta Kernel. Put phone in my pocket, and 30 minutes later pulled it out, pushed the power button, and nothing happened.... then the phone started booting up.

So either it just rebooted, or it powered itself off while sleeping..

I haven't been able to reproduce, but I've only been using the latest Beta kernel for an hour now.

show-p1984
Old
Thanks Meter 11,441

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gururise View Post
I too had a reboot on the latest beta kernel while the screen was off. I just upgraded to InsertCoin 2.5.3 + Latest Beta Kernel. Put phone in my pocket, and 30 minutes later pulled it out, pushed the power button, and nothing happened.... then the phone started booting up.

I haven't been able to reproduce, but I've only been using the latest Beta kernel for an hour now.
I go with reboot, or else it would be a hell of a feature xD
in Euro.

Translations:

KControl thread on xda:

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by gururise View Post

That's exactly what happened to me, back to 0.7 at the mo and it seems OK
OnePlus One A0001 (Sandstone Grey) 64GB
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH33R) | Bootloader: Stock | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.1 | Radio: Stock | Kernel: Franco Kernel r20

Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock

doctorlirio
Old
(Last edited by doctorlirio; 18th September 2011 at 07:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Hey show-p, I'd like to report my experience.

I did a full wipe, installed IC 2.5.3, then last beta 0.859 kernel (about 10 minutes after you released it). All i did then was restore my contacts from a vcard file on SD. I have not installed anything and neither have configured any accounts because i wanted to check the "deep sleep" error of the GPU you talked about. I have received 3 or 4 calls and the rest of the time the phone was lying on a table doing nothing (to check for the error).

The phone simply flies, no errors, no reboots, no battery drain, no issues at all. Of course it's completely clean of apps or any data, but the kernel seems to work great and with no problems when phone is at idle. IC 2.5.3 already has the "problematic script" removed, of course. I just thought you would like to know the reboot problem when screen off seems to have disappeared with this last beta (after a full wipe and with the right ROM) . Great work!
Yes, I am the one in the avatar, but the photo was not exactly taken yesterday in the morning...
The Following User Says Thank You to doctorlirio For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

show-p1984
Old
Thanks Meter 11,441

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorlirio View Post
Hey show-p, I'd like to report my experience.

I did a full wipe, installed IC 2.5.3, then last beta 0.859 kernel (about 10 minutes after you released it). All i did then was restore my contacts from a vcard file on SD. I have not installed anything and neither have configured any accounts because i wanted to check the "deep sleep" error of the GPU you talked about. I have received 3 or 4 calls and the rest of the time the phone was lying on a table doing nothing (to check for the error).

The phone simply flies, no errors, no reboots, no battery drain, no issues at all. Of course it's completely clean of apps or any data, but the kernel seems to work great and with no problems when phone is at idle. IC 2.5.3 already has the "problematic script" removed, of course. I just thought you would like to know the reboot problem when screen off seems to have disappeared with this last beta. Great work!
Thank you for this report, but I think it will eventually happen to you too. This seems to only occur when the device is completely sleeping. no app running in the background, no push email, no twitter, no weather... Since rarely this is the case, it seems that the reboots are also rarely on phones with an always available data connection...
in Euro.

Translations:

KControl thread on xda:

zoman7663
Old
Thanks Meter 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by show-p1984 View Post
That is on my todo list once the reboots are fixed.

I am trying to reproduce this since a few hours now... I can't seem to get it. Please if it is not too much to ask, could you or someone else install a terminal app and enter this:
Code:
cat /proc/kmsg > /sdcard/kernel.log
Of course let this command and the app run in the background.
If then a reboot occurs it would be extremely helpfull to see the output.
Setting it up!

T Mobile LG G3, Rooted T Mobile SGS4
The Following User Says Thank You to zoman7663 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by show-p1984 View Post
Thank you for this report, but I think it will eventually happen to you too. This seems to only occur when the device is completely sleeping. no app running in the background, no push email, no twitter, no weather... Since rarely this is the case, it seems that the reboots are also rarely on phones with an always available data connection...
My phone rebooted after receiving a Gmail notification. I went to wake the phone and it rebooted. this was everything app wise setup as normal
OnePlus One A0001 (Sandstone Grey) 64GB
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH33R) | Bootloader: Stock | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.1 | Radio: Stock | Kernel: Franco Kernel r20

Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock

Tags
badass, bricked, bricked is bad ass, sensation, show-p1984 deserves a kernel grammy, show-p1984 is the grandpa of all kernels, sweep2wake