[Q] cm7 808

10th September 2011, 06:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
More
I have a Droid Pro running 2.2.1 version rooted with superoneclick (had to turn anti virus off as it was picking up a false positive)

running rom manager
titanium backup
droid2 bootstrapper working great
installed 808 and gapps on sd
wiped all data and cache even dalvik
installed 808 and gapps
but when trying to reboot system got stuck on moto m screen and had to get back into recovery via comp and restore and reboot system without rom

i need any suggestions

just a note i let phone try to reboot for about 30 minutes
11th September 2011, 01:08 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 16

175 posts
idk if you did or not but in the things you posted that you did you did not say you did a factory reset before installing. Did you do a factory reset after installing CM7
The Following User Says Thank You to CrackMonkey91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th September 2011, 02:01 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackMonkey91

idk if you did or not but in the things you posted that you did you did not say you did a factory reset before installing. Did you do a factory reset after installing CM7

i did a backup and wiped everything
i did no reset until i got it out of bootloop and back in recovery to reboot to stock with root
12th September 2011, 04:32 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 8

62 posts
I don't have an answer but I would like to say that if you manage to fix the problem, do keep in mind there is a 902 version for our phone

Sent from my DROID Pro using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to dutchbastard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2011, 11:44 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchbastard

I don't have an answer but I would like to say that if you manage to fix the problem, do keep in mind there is a 902 version for our phone

i have fixed it and successfully installed gingerbread and rooted

am curious about new cm7 for this phone as a custom rom would be nice because battery life is terrible
13th September 2011, 05:18 AM   |  #6  

62 posts
Well battery life already greatly improved with GB on both my own and my sons phone.
I have cm7 on mine and now its even better.
I had to folllow a tip to delete batterystats.bin after a full charge but itt lasts well over a day now.

Of course using the phone heavily will deminish that life but with moderate use you should be good for your day to day stuff.

The Following User Says Thank You to dutchbastard For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th September 2011, 11:28 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchbastard

Well battery life already greatly improved with GB on both my own and my sons phone.
I have cm7 on mine and now its even better.
I had to folllow a tip to delete batterystats.bin after a full charge but itt lasts well over a day now.

Of course using the phone heavily will deminish that life but with moderate use you should be good for your day to day stuff.

please elaborate on batterystats.bin action

where can i find cm7 that will work and instructions link
13th September 2011, 03:55 PM   |  #8  

62 posts
The link for the 902 download is http://www.mediafire.com/?cwignib2ksgwuev
Posted by jackpotclavin on droidforums: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...-7-pro-59.html

There is a nice blog by him with instructions here: http://clavinsup.blogspot.com/
Though I don't see the 902 download there so the instructions are a bit outdated, but still apply.

Just use the 902.zip from that mediafire link (4th post on second link) and the instructions from that blog.

When it comes to batterystats.bin I was told to google it, which I did.
I came across various instructions about letting the battery run dry, then charge til full, delete batterystats.bin though filemanager, then charge for 2 more hours....other instructions said something different.
Basically I got: Charge til full, delete file, run dry until phone turns off, then use normally.
CM7 gives us the option to delete the batterystats in there. (recovery/advanced/wipe battery stats)
So that's it.
Now I don't know if I did it wrong, all I know is it gave me longer life.
Last edited by dutchbastard; 13th September 2011 at 04:32 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
808, cm7, pro
Previous Thread Next Thread