5,597,138 Members 45,202 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Capacitive pen for taking notes.

Tip us?

novasam
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
I'll try the DIY out and let you know how it goes, looks easy enough and I have everything needed. I paid one looks great as well, but I'll wait fir the reviews to roll in. Thank you for showing this to us.

cooljonL
Old
Thanks Meter 6
How about this one?
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/dagi-smar...ack-p23378.htm

I'm considering it, but I don't like to waste money and really want a decent accuracy.

Pedraso XDA
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljonL View Post
How about this one?
http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/dagi-smar...ack-p23378.htm

I'm considering it, but I don't like to waste money and really want a decent accuracy.
The Dagi came first than the one i showed u guys... but I've read some reviews and they say that it's hard to get used to because w this one u have to write w a certain angle for it to work at its best.
T-MO Samsung Galaxy S II - CM10.0/TWRP

Galxy Note 10.1 - Stock (Soon to be rooted)

Edit Signature

cooljonL
Old
Thanks Meter 6
That sucks.

I made my own last night. I'm not good at that kinda stuff so although it worked, it was a little off.
I need one so that I can take small notes on an image of a form, but it just didn't like writing small. I'm wondering if that's the case for most of them.

hoodoomagic
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljonL View Post
That sucks.

I made my own last night. I'm not good at that kinda stuff so although it worked, it was a little off.
I need one so that I can take small notes on an image of a form, but it just didn't like writing small. I'm wondering if that's the case for most of them.
You can probably do that using Sketchbook Pro. Just import the image, zoom in on where you need to write, merge the layers when done and save.

Bxsteez
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I too am looking for something to take notes on. I bought a Flyer and it was pretty inaccurate. This is one of those things where if it isn't done right it will be horrible experience. My best suggestion would be to wait for the Samsung Series 7 Slate. I know its pretty expensive but look at like this it can replace your laptop.

Flaco05
Old
Thanks Meter 6
The 12.1 Asus eePad slate (Windows-based) gets good reviews on the note-taking area.

NightsSPIDER
Old
Thanks Meter 9

DONATE TO ME
first of all: out there are a varaity of stylus for your tabs and phones. the regular capacitive pens you'll find for a buck or two on ebay are the same as the ones cellphone companies sell for like $20, does are just like using your finger and are only good for people with big/fat fingers since they cant type on keyboard well and other stuff like that without hitting the wrong key. but some genius chinese guy invented this wish you can make at home by yourself without any money:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHhB2...ture=endscreen

but also two companies took this idea and patented it, and here are the results

Dagi:
P501 and P502 (old method with just stylus)
P601 (old method with ink pen in one end and stylus in the other)
P504, P505, P506 and P507 (new idea, very acurate, just like a pen or pencil)
(the P504 comes in 9 different colors)
P602 (new idea, very acurate, just like a pen or pencil- and also an ink pen in the other end)

Adonit:
Jot and Jot Pro (The best out there)

I have a Dagi P504 and an Adonit Jot Pro. I use the on my Tab on Sketchbook Pro and other Drawing and Note-Taking apps. They both are very good but the dagi does not have a cap so the point can bend in a backpack or something and the adonit jot pro is very sleek in desing and has a cap. Its up to each ones likes. I paid $18 for the P504 and $30 for the Jot Pro. I bought them on ebay. You can find all of the styles on ebay.
You can find all of the styles on ebay.You will find The Dagi from $15-$30 depending on styles and the Adonit from $25-$45

The idea from the guy on the vid works great too

NOTE: I have the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Galaxy 10.1 owners: You must have root on your device and use TouchScreenTune (free app that fixes your touch screen sensitivity). Otherwise the writing will lag. Link below:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.vital

gintas111
Old
Thanks Meter 0
i bought dagi p601 from ebay 27$ get conf.email from dagi
The stylus, P602, had already been sent to you by post in Taiwan. The tracking number is. The website for tracking .Please enter the item of International Letters Tracking Service for the tracking. Normally, it takes 7~12 days for the delivery. We will keep following up the delivery process until you get it.

We have uploaded the related demo videos on YouTube and you can search them by the key words of "dagi stylus". Also, welcome to visit our website www.dagi.com.tw for our products in detail.

By the way, we have provided another stylus, P204, to you. It's the gift for you. If you have any comment on the stylus after getting it, please kindly let us know. We will always do our best for the improvement.
Last part i like very much hope one of them will work.I hope ill get it next week and write here if they are good.sorry for bad english

marceloid
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Motorola Stylus pen with Precision Tip

On Motorola site, it says that a Stylus pen with precision tip is becoming available soon. By its picture, it seems that it is indeed precise. On the compatibility tab, it says it is compatible with XYBoard only. Is XYBoard touchscreen different from Xoom? In my opinion, if it is compatible with Xoom, it is compatible with the SGT 10.1, isn't it?

Here's the link for the pen: http://goo.gl/1y6Pb