Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,303 Members 42,999 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] warthog installed but can't find it

Tip us?

touchpad6
Old
(Last edited by touchpad6; 11th September 2011 at 12:14 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] warthog installed but can't find it

I had to perform a Full Erase on my touchpad that was overclocked using Warthog. After the reset, I've reinstalled Preware, loaded the feeds, etc. Govnah shows that I am running at ~1.7, but I have not yet installed a new kernel. Attempting to install Warthog (and even tried F15) results in various "verification failed" notices. How do I get Preware to recognize Warthog is already installed? I'm concerned that I won't have any way to update the kernel when a new WebOS version comes out. My list of installed installed packages suggests that no 3rd party kernel is installed.

Also, I should mention that my reason for doing a full erase was because pictures were not showing up in the viewer, I didn't have issues with related to preware (unless that was causing the picture problem). The reset did fix the picture viewer issue.

yiphoming
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchpad6 View Post
I had to perform a Full Erase on my touchpad that was overclocked using Warthog. After the reset, I've reinstalled Preware, loaded the feeds, etc. Govnah shows that I am running at ~1.7, but I have not yet installed a new kernel. Attempting to install Warthog (and even tried F15) results in various "verification failed" notices. How do I get Preware to recognize Warthog is already installed? I'm concerned that I won't have any way to update the kernel when a new WebOS version comes out. My list of installed installed packages suggests that no 3rd party kernel is installed.

Also, I should mention that my reason for doing a full erase was because pictures were not showing up in the viewer, I didn't have issues with related to preware (unless that was causing the picture problem). The reset did fix the picture viewer issue.

I have erased the whole system by pressing Power, Vol+ and Home key.
I have faced the same problem.
Fail to install the warthog, but can overclock to 1.7GHz

yiphoming
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by yiphoming View Post
I have erased the whole system by pressing Power, Vol+ and Home key.
I have faced the same problem.
Fail to install the warthog, but can overclock to 1.7GHz
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchpad6 View Post

I have found the solution. It is work for me.

1. open preware
2. select the recovery kernel to install, this will overwrite the kernel.
3. reinstall Warthog

nidlaX
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Full erase through the system menus does not erase many (if not most) of the patches you install, including kernels. Best thing to do would be to use Preware + Save/Restore to create a backup list of all homebrew stuff you install, then restore it after a full erase.