Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 50,687 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Release][Linux] ModeDetect USBID Detector

Tip us?

AdamOutler
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 9,623

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroPrinz8 View Post
Hi guys, hope you could help out.

Will running the resurrector and Hemdall be possible on a VM (Puppy Linux) as i am running windows and don't want to dual boot as much as possible.

Thanks in advance!
No. There is a problem with S5PC110 drivers for Windows. Windows is crap. You will need to dual-boot Linux. I'd recommend Ubuntu as it is fully featured and easier for those familiar with Windows or Mac.
Flash with Odin on Windows, Linux and Mac. Use JOdin3, Available in a web browser or offline
Check out my developer pages. Add me to your circles on Google Plus.
Wanna see the longest Linux BASH script ever made? click here.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JiroPrinz8
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler View Post
No. There is a problem with S5PC110 drivers for Windows. Windows is crap. You will need to dual-boot Linux. I'd recommend Ubuntu as it is fully featured and easier for those familiar with Windows or Mac.
Thanks for the tip bud, one last question i swear, so jtag is no lobger an option on this cappy i have, as all the test points are already lifted (the last guy to do the jtag didn't know what he was doing) so my last option is doing the mod and hope that the resurrector does its magic, is this at all possible? As if i understand correctly, the mod is a whole different thing than jtag right? Appreciate your response mate.

Sent from my XT720 using XDA App
LG Optimus G F180L[Int'l]
[ROM] Sling V2.2 [KK 4.4.2]
[Recovery] FreeGee CWM

cogito ergo sum

AdamOutler
Old
Thanks Meter 9,623

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JiroPrinz8 View Post
Thanks for the tip bud, one last question i swear, so jtag is no lobger an option on this cappy i have, as all the test points are already lifted (the last guy to do the jtag didn't know what he was doing) so my last option is doing the mod and hope that the resurrector does its magic, is this at all possible? As if i understand correctly, the mod is a whole different thing than jtag right? Appreciate your response mate.

Yep. See the "The Captivate Development Platform AKA UnBrickable Mod" http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1206216
Flash with Odin on Windows, Linux and Mac. Use JOdin3, Available in a web browser or offline
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

JiroPrinz8
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler View Post
Yep. See the "The Captivate Development Platform AKA UnBrickable Mod" http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1206216

Thank you! Will have this done and dual boot my pc! Wish me luck!
LG Optimus G F180L[Int'l]
[ROM] Sling V2.2 [KK 4.4.2]
[Recovery] FreeGee CWM

cogito ergo sum

billkee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Release][Linux] ModeDetect USBID DetectorArrow

Just wondering why the link to the USBID detector shows up with UnBrickableResurrectorR40.jar and HIBL.zip only?

Thanks and can't wait to unbrick my SGS i9000m.

AdamOutler
Old
Thanks Meter 9,623

DONATE TO ME
The resurrector is better than ModeDetect. I've deprecated ModeDetect in favor of moving forward with UnBrickable Resurrector. ModeDetect is now unmaintained. Use UnBrickable Resurrector. It has the same features + more modes + resurrection.

vtp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Internal 16 GB SD card removable?

Does anyone know to remove the internal 16G SDcard? My was mess up now it unrecognizable and not mountable by Android. I'd to remove it or better find some way to mount it and reformat it. Any help would be appreciated.

Xperiment2012
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtp View Post
Does anyone know to remove the internal 16G SDcard? My was mess up now it unrecognizable and not mountable by Android. I'd to remove it or better find some way to mount it and reformat it. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you try booting into recovery and try repartitioning there. This will delete everything off of it, or another possibility is to boot into recovery and try mounting it from there and scan it for errors from a pc.

cdesai
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,993

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtp View Post
If it's a Samsung, then flash movinand.mst from a stock Odin tar

Btw, @Adam
One day I was stuck on the PC - phone screen due to a bad kernel (early 3.0 port test), but I was able to download a working kernel to the device while still in that mode

Sent from my fingerz 2 ur eyez
CyanogenMod Maintainer | SGT7 | TeamBBQ

BBQLinux - An Arch based Linux distribution for Android developers
Website: http://www.bbqlinux.org | Downloads: [url]http://sourceforge.net/projects/bbqlinux/files//url]
IRC: #bbqlinux on freenode

vtp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I ODIN to 2.2 stock.
and yes, I try boot into recovery mode. Even in the recovery mode it still didn't recognized the internal SDcard. It report there no SDcard.
I'm now running stock 2.2 It working but there's no internal SDCard it size is 0

cdesai where can I get the movinand.mst? Can I ODIN it? It the only thing I could do.
Thank the info