Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,023 Members 42,215 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is the SGS1 display good ?

Tip us?

Okkz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Is the SGS1 display good ?

By good, I mean, free of faults ?

I bought a SGS2 online and waiting for receiving it. But considering the large amount of users having a yellow tinted screen on the left, I'll probably get one of those faulty devices too.

In that case, I'll get it replaced and go for the SGS1, but, as a SGS1, can you tell me if the S1 has the same issue ?

Thanks.

ali_khalid5518
Old
Thanks Meter 442

DONATE TO ME
No nothing like that on SGS1 or even i am using SGS2 its also quite fine and no screen tinted issuse.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to ali_khalid5518 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xchasa
Old
Thanks Meter 303
The wifes sgs2 has tint.
My 1.5 yo sgs1 has had no screen protector ever and is still scratch free and all pixels working like new.
My experience anyway.

thompson2009
Old
Thanks Meter 17

DONATE TO ME
sgs1 screen is brilliant i think.

scratch free and you can see it outside when sun is shinning really well.

I had two different HTC phones. And they where both useless outside. could not see a thing.

insanedreamz
Old
Thanks Meter 18
SGS1 display is nothing less than a benchmark for all the mobile displays out there in the market. First device ever to have such an awesome, vibrant and Gorilla resistant screen. I'm in love with SGS just for its display.

haloimplant
Old
Thanks Meter 135
Other not being really sharp up close due to pentile the display is perfect. Bright, great colours and takes a beating.
SGH-I337M - CM 10.2 nightly
GT-I9000M - Slim Bean 4.3.1

Al3cks
Old
Thanks Meter 58
There are kernels with integrated functionality to correct for any colour tint. To be honest, AMOLED ages really ugly. Contrast is great, colors too, but after a few months of moderate usage, when the screen displays a grey image, the color is not uniform. It has signs of burn-in from place to place. This is the biggest disadvantage of this tipe of screen. I have it since March and sometimes I wish it had SLCD instead. I always have to be carefull not to keep the display on for too long or with the same image and icon layout on the screen.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
Phone: Samsung GalaxyS4 - GT-I9505
ROM: I9505XXUGNF1 - Domination v2.3

Hit THANKS button if you found my info useful. Thank you

xchasa
Old
Thanks Meter 303
Not on my phone. Nearly 1.5 yo and no such problems. Greys look fine. I'm always on it too.
Like stated before. Its the benchmark. Slcd sux in daylight.

Mr Woolf
Old
Thanks Meter 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3cks View Post
There are kernels with integrated functionality to correct for any colour tint. To be honest, AMOLED ages really ugly. Contrast is great, colors too, but after a few months of moderate usage, when the screen displays a grey image, the color is not uniform. It has signs of burn-in from place to place. This is the biggest disadvantage of this tipe of screen. I have it since March and sometimes I wish it had SLCD instead. I always have to be carefull not to keep the display on for too long or with the same image and icon layout on the screen.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
Not my experience at all. Well over a year old, no screen tint, burn in, loss of colour or missing pixels. Best screen I have seen.

Sent from my Galaxy S using XDA Premium App
One+ cm11s

Don't say "Thanks", just hit the button - it keeps the threads clean.

haloimplant
Old
Thanks Meter 135
I'm 1 year in and can barely see the 'M' from AM/PM before I started using 24-hour clock along with a bit of 'smudges' around the time, and only on a bright solid blue screen.

I could see issues if you set the screen to stay on while plugged in all day and put 10+ hours a day on it (I did that a few times and I think that's where my bit of burnout came from) but for the typical few hours of use a day there doesn't seem to be much of a problem.
SGH-I337M - CM 10.2 nightly
GT-I9000M - Slim Bean 4.3.1