APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Is the SGS1 display good ?

OP Okkz

11th September 2011, 11:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
By good, I mean, free of faults ?

I bought a SGS2 online and waiting for receiving it. But considering the large amount of users having a yellow tinted screen on the left, I'll probably get one of those faulty devices too.

In that case, I'll get it replaced and go for the SGS1, but, as a SGS1, can you tell me if the S1 has the same issue ?

Thanks.
12th September 2011, 10:45 AM   |  #2  
Flag Multan/Mirpur Khas
Thanks Meter: 442

750 posts
Donate to Me
More
No nothing like that on SGS1 or even i am using SGS2 its also quite fine and no screen tinted issuse.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to ali_khalid5518 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th September 2011, 01:38 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 309

1,163 posts
The wifes sgs2 has tint.
My 1.5 yo sgs1 has had no screen protector ever and is still scratch free and all pixels working like new.
My experience anyway.

12th September 2011, 02:05 PM   |  #4  
Flag Chesterfield
Thanks Meter: 17

224 posts
Donate to Me
sgs1 screen is brilliant i think.

scratch free and you can see it outside when sun is shinning really well.

I had two different HTC phones. And they where both useless outside. could not see a thing.
12th September 2011, 08:24 PM   |  #5  
Flag Cloud 9
Thanks Meter: 18

132 posts
More
SGS1 display is nothing less than a benchmark for all the mobile displays out there in the market. First device ever to have such an awesome, vibrant and Gorilla resistant screen. I'm in love with SGS just for its display.
12th September 2011, 08:41 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 135

724 posts
More
Other not being really sharp up close due to pentile the display is perfect. Bright, great colours and takes a beating.
13th September 2011, 12:58 AM   |  #7  
Flag Ploiești
Thanks Meter: 58

133 posts
More
There are kernels with integrated functionality to correct for any colour tint. To be honest, AMOLED ages really ugly. Contrast is great, colors too, but after a few months of moderate usage, when the screen displays a grey image, the color is not uniform. It has signs of burn-in from place to place. This is the biggest disadvantage of this tipe of screen. I have it since March and sometimes I wish it had SLCD instead. I always have to be carefull not to keep the display on for too long or with the same image and icon layout on the screen.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
13th September 2011, 04:52 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 309

1,163 posts
Not on my phone. Nearly 1.5 yo and no such problems. Greys look fine. I'm always on it too.
Like stated before. Its the benchmark. Slcd sux in daylight.

13th September 2011, 07:46 AM   |  #9  
Flag Cornishman stuck in Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 773

2,802 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3cks

There are kernels with integrated functionality to correct for any colour tint. To be honest, AMOLED ages really ugly. Contrast is great, colors too, but after a few months of moderate usage, when the screen displays a grey image, the color is not uniform. It has signs of burn-in from place to place. This is the biggest disadvantage of this tipe of screen. I have it since March and sometimes I wish it had SLCD instead. I always have to be carefull not to keep the display on for too long or with the same image and icon layout on the screen.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

Not my experience at all. Well over a year old, no screen tint, burn in, loss of colour or missing pixels. Best screen I have seen.

Sent from my Galaxy S using XDA Premium App
13th September 2011, 08:11 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 135

724 posts
More
I'm 1 year in and can barely see the 'M' from AM/PM before I started using 24-hour clock along with a bit of 'smudges' around the time, and only on a bright solid blue screen.

I could see issues if you set the screen to stay on while plugged in all day and put 10+ hours a day on it (I did that a few times and I think that's where my bit of burnout came from) but for the typical few hours of use a day there doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread