Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 39,549 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Text And Pics in a text message....

Tip us?

ozmanrulez
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Text And Pics in a text message....

Hello All,I have a Samsung Intercept with all of its failings I have no problem with it.I havent rooted it or anything as such.I did get the froyo 2.2 update here starts the problem.Sometimes my daughter will send me pics in a text and I can see them,sometimes I cannot,I cannot even find them when it says it has downloaded them.Ive looked all over the fone for them,they are not to be found unless Ive missed something somewhere,which is possible lol.
I did not have this problem till it updated Ive went thru the manual to no avail.All I get when she sends a pic in a text when it doesnt work is just who its from and the time.Then other times I can get the pic to show up in the text window without no problem.I am really getting angry over this.Im not new to linux,I have a laptop with fedora on it.Any help I can get would be much appreciated.Thank You

penguinrepair
Old
(Last edited by penguinrepair; 19th January 2012 at 12:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
you could download the android sdk and tools
developer.android.com/sdk/
open ./tools/adb logcat and recieve a mms the error will show up pretty clear
(almost dmesg) if it is a missing .so it's probably due to a bad OTA(over the air) update...

if this is the case...
you have 2 options:
-first would be to take it to a service center and tell them of the issue(as long as it isn't rooted) and they can repair the software or repair it...

option 2... (rooted device), will void the warranty...
-download a rooted kernel, or use interceptRoot to "gingerbreak" the device..
-get into CM01 recovery
-set up a custom "stock" rom, deodex it with a template or a script,
-download a custom rom (many to choose from), or enjoy a much more enjoyable, customizable, lessbloated, and stable version of froyo...

daygen4545
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmanrulez View Post
Hello All,I have a Samsung Intercept with all of its failings I have no problem with it.I havent rooted it or anything as such.I did get the froyo 2.2 update here starts the problem.Sometimes my daughter will send me pics in a text and I can see them,sometimes I cannot,I cannot even find them when it says it has downloaded them.Ive looked all over the fone for them,they are not to be found unless Ive missed something somewhere,which is possible lol.
I did not have this problem till it updated Ive went thru the manual to no avail.All I get when she sends a pic in a text when it doesnt work is just who its from and the time.Then other times I can get the pic to show up in the text window without no problem.I am really getting angry over this.Im not new to linux,I have a laptop with fedora on it.Any help I can get would be much appreciated.Thank You
For some reason, on Froyo MMS on the intercept doesn't send unless you are connected to a 2g/3g network and not Wifi. Try turning off Wifi and try again