Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,761 Members 41,654 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Gen1 to Gen2 TPT Upgrade

Tip us?

Faiz Malkani
Old
Forum Moderator / XDA Portal Team
Thanks Meter 1807
I think you should press the thanks button instead of posting thanks mate. I'm sure everyone would appreciate it
The Following User Says Thank You to Faiz Malkani For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LionGreen
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Done

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using xda premium
Qtek 8500 + Windows Mobile 6.5 Smartphone + 2GB microSD Scandisk. (died )
HTC Tattoo rooted + CyanogenMod 7.1 + 8GB micro SD Kingstone (retired)
ZTE Blade @ CM10.1 KonstaKANG + 32GB microSD Samsung
Nokia Lumia 800 @ Windows Phone 7.8
Acer Iconia A1-810 @ JB 4.2.2

Sacob
Old
Thanks Meter 52
i'm trying to change the partitions in order to flash ICS but when i flash the tpt via recovery i can't see any green text in the 4 step and the phone gets stuck with the android logo

can anyone help?

netvpn7
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacob View Post
i'm trying to change the partitions in order to flash ICS but when i flash the tpt via recovery i can't see any green text in the 4 step and the phone gets stuck with the android logo

can anyone help?
Hi
Did you press Home+Volume up+Power at the same time?
Regards

wbaw
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 263

DONATE TO ME
press menu, vol+ & power on at the same time.

raizor6th
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hi wbaw, does any possible way to recover back partition layout of my blade? i got CHINESE v880 GEN2 512mb RAM Blade lately until i mess up with a TPT leaving me a 256mb RAM Blade.

here is what i did on how i end up with a 256mb RAM Blade:
1. triead a TPT from here www.amphoras.co.uk/downloads (wished there was a note not for CHINESE blades)
with this TPT, RIL (mobile network and data) won't work but RAM is 512mb.
2. does another TPT using a CHINESE U-V880 GEN2 TPT can be found in this forum. and that is how got the 256mb blade.

i hope you would answer me this time here.

Thanks.

wbaw
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 263

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by raizor6th View Post
Hi wbaw, does any possible way to recover back partition layout of my blade? i got CHINESE v880 GEN2 512mb RAM Blade lately until i mess up with a TPT leaving me a 256mb RAM Blade.

1. triead a TPT from here www.amphoras.co.uk/downloads (wished there was a note not for CHINESE blades)
2. does another TPT using a CHINESE U-V880 GEN2 TPT can be found in this forum. and that is how got the 256mb blade.

Thanks.
If you can't find the .mbn files for your current rom (I didn't know they even made v880s with 512mb) then you'll need to make your own TPT.

You can extract & create these image.bin tpt files using a small program called ztepack, source code was posted on modaco somewhere.

*I can't test any of the following, do it at your own risk, it could break your phone more. If you can't follow the instructions then don't attempt it.

Extract both the tpt files you downloaded into separate directories, open both copies of partition_zte.mbn in a hex editor. The first line should be the same in each... it should say 0:RECOVERY (in ascii, on the right, hex codes in the main window), then there should be 6 pairs of 00, following that a 4 digit hex number, in this one I'm looking at it's CC 01 - make sure that number is the same in both files. If it isn't then they're not compatible & you'd have to do a lot of edits on that file & appsboot.mbn too, so give up.

Assuming the partition_zte files match, copy partition_zte.mbn & appsboot.mbn from tpt #1 (amphoras) to #2 (chinese), overwrite the existing files, then use ztepack to create an image.bin from that & flash it in the usual way.
The Following User Says Thank You to wbaw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wbaw
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 263

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by raizor6th View Post

Thanks.
If you can't find the .mbn files for your current rom (I didn't know they even made v880s with 512mb) then you'll need to make your own TPT.

You can extract & create these image.bin tpt files using a small program called ztepack, source code was posted on modaco somewhere.

*I can't test any of the following, do it at your own risk, it could break your phone more. If you can't follow the instructions then don't attempt it.

Extract both the tpt files you downloaded into separate directories, open both copies of partition_zte.mbn in a hex editor. The first line should be the same in each... it should say 0:RECOVERY (in ascii, on the right, hex codes in the main window), then there should be 6 pairs of 00, following that a 4 digit hex number, in this one I'm looking at it's CC 01 - make sure that number is the same in both files. If it isn't then they're not compatible & you'd have to do a lot of edits on that file & appsboot.mbn too, so give up (unless you're good with a hex editor & calculator, the first 32bit number is the start offset & the one following it is the size, little endian, same again near the end of appsboot.mbn).

Assuming the partition_zte files match, copy partition_zte.mbn & appsboot.mbn from tpt #1 (amphoras) to #2 (chinese), overwrite the existing files. Then use ztepack to create an image.bin & flash it in the usual way.
The Following User Says Thank You to wbaw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raizor6th
Old
(Last edited by raizor6th; 20th October 2012 at 02:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbaw View Post

Extract both the tpt files you downloaded into separate directories, open both copies of partition_zte.mbn in a hex editor. The first line should be the same in each... it should say 0:RECOVERY (in ascii, on the right, hex codes in the main window), then there should be 6 pairs of 00, following that a 4 digit hex number, in this one I'm looking at it's CC 01 - make sure that number is the same in both files. If it isn't then they're not compatible & you'd have to do a lot of edits on that file & appsboot.mbn too, so give up (unless you're good with a hex editor & calculator, the first 32bit number is the start offset & the one following it is the size, little endian, same again near the end of appsboot.mbn).

Assuming the partition_zte files match, copy partition_zte.mbn & appsboot.mbn from tpt #1 (amphoras) to #2 (chinese), overwrite the existing files. Then use ztepack to create an image.bin & flash it in the usual way.
i think i have to correct it now because im confused wheather of what version of blade i have.

one thing for sure is that the zte blade i have was a 512mb RAM and has a label at the back "ASSEMBLED IN CHINA" and is rebranded to NETPHONE 701 by SMART Philippines but I read it from here www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=721091 SAYS that it is a EUROPEAN ZTE BLADE with 512mb RAM and also there is a TPT method posted at the mentioned site for this blade named as EUROPEAN GEN2 TPT and so i tried it out but still no RIL working And RAM is 512mb with stock partition layout so we should say its not a EUROPEAN BLADE is it? and also tried the GEN2 V1a gives me the same result no RIL with 512mb and a stock partition layout. tried the GEN1-GEN2 TPT v10a also from AMPHORAS SITE gives me RIL working but RAM is only 256mb same as CHINESE u-v880 GEN2 TPT result. the two Last TPT i mention makes me confused as to why both of these Gives me same result.

where can i find that .mbn file for my current rom? and those ztepack program can be on a mobile phone like blade? if for a pc would it use LINUX os?

thanks for your reply i really need it.

EDIT: did a mistake, i thought was flashing a GEN1GEN2TPT turned out that it was my mistake. GEN1GEN2TPT doesn't have image.bin file in it but a collection of .img and .mbn file so and i thought I've already deleted the IMAGE folder of CHINESEGEN2TPT from SDCARD but instead extracted the GEN1GEN2TPT file from its IMAGE folder to the supposedly deleted IMAGE folder containing CHINESEGEN2TPT image.bin file so when i flash it it will just flash without thinking that it still has the chinese image.bin file. now when i remove that image.bin file from the image folder leaving the .mbn and .img FILE of GEN1GEN2TPT it wont flash because of image.bin is missing or i think those .mbn and .img should be pack up. anyway will wait for your respond about what exactly the blade i have right now before i do some unpacking and packing. thanks

raizor6th
Old
(Last edited by raizor6th; 20th October 2012 at 02:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Okay! Problem solved.
I got 512mb RAM ZTE BLADE back and good thing is its in a custom partition layout 160mb system 279mb data and 2mb cache.

Big thanks to WBAW, FRONIX232 of MODACO for the GEN2 TPTgenertor/extractor of course AMPHORAS for the TPT files. you guys are awesome.

Tags
blade, gen1, gen2, tpt, zte