FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

what's that voice???

196 posts
Thanks Meter: 11
 
By blak24, Senior Member on 12th September 2011, 03:59 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello guys!
my friend has got a problem... this morning we were at school, and he had his phone in silent mode with data connection disabled... at a certain point, a stupid voice came out from his phone saying: "data connection disabled". it was quite loud and I don't know what could it be...have you got any ideas? remember, the phone was in silent mode and he didn't disable the data connection when the voice came out... thank you
 
 
12th September 2011, 04:03 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Calgary
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
The only time a voice ever came from my phone that wasn't a phone call - when I was applying voodoo lagfix.
12th September 2011, 04:38 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Falconara Marittima
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
I don't know in fact but this voice was one of the synthesized voices... but I don't know where it came from! hahahahahaha
12th September 2011, 05:00 PM |#4  
jimbo77's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Guatemala
Thanks Meter: 2,171
 
Donate to Me
More
Probably your friend installed any Kernel using Voodoo lagfix and it got rebooted inside his pocket... Then the Kernel converted the filesystems and the voice could have said: "Lagfix is now disabled" right before rebooting...
12th September 2011, 05:08 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Falconara Marittima
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
mmmm no, he didn't installed anything, and I clearly heard "data connection disabled"... I'm italian, I heard the equivalent of "data connection disabled" in italian... his phone is equipped with froyo 2.2.1, do you think if I flash a new ROM, maybe a gingerbread one, the problem could be solved?
12th September 2011, 07:14 PM |#6  
insanedreamz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cloud 9
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Are you sure, that voice came from your phone nothing else???
12th September 2011, 08:13 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Falconara Marittima
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
yeah! from the phone! :eek:
12th September 2011, 08:33 PM |#8  
Mr Woolf's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cornishman stuck in Yorkshire
Thanks Meter: 788
 
More
Ignore, just re-read. Definately in Italian?

Sent from my Galaxy S using XDA Premium App
Last edited by Mr Woolf; 12th September 2011 at 08:36 PM.
12th September 2011, 08:50 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Falconara Marittima
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by woolf clubs

Ignore, just re-read. Definately in Italian?

Sent from my Galaxy S using XDA Premium App

sorry I didn't understand
12th September 2011, 11:45 PM |#10  
Al3cks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ploiești
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blak24

Hello guys!
my friend has got a problem... this morning we were at school, and he had his phone in silent mode with data connection disabled... at a certain point, a stupid voice came out from his phone saying: "data connection disabled". it was quite loud and I don't know what could it be...have you got any ideas? remember, the phone was in silent mode and he didn't disable the data connection when the voice came out... thank you

I remember hearing this in Google Navigation when you loose or disable data connection. There is a separate setting for navigation volume only inside the app. Who knows, maybe your friend used navigation and didn't close it properly. If you just hit BACK, this app keeps running in the background. Hope it helps.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App
13th September 2011, 03:55 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 328
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3cks

I remember hearing this in Google Navigation when you loose or disable data connection. There is a separate setting for navigation volume only inside the app. Who knows, maybe your friend used navigation and didn't close it properly. If you just hit BACK, this app keeps running in the background. Hope it helps.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

+1

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes