FORUMS

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

Optimize Battery Life with This Useful App

Battery life is an important aspect of your smartphone, especially if you use it for more … more

The OnePlus 2 & The Year of Smartphone Compromises

We are very close to entering the last third of 2015, and we have now seen many of … more

OnePlus 2 Teardown, Major Android Vulnerability – XDA TV

The OnePlus 2 has been officially released. That and much more news is … more

[DEV] [Huawei U8160/U8180] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC1 U8160 Port (14th August 2012)

1,267 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,035
 
By psyke83, Recognized Developer on 12th September 2011, 10:52 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
6th January 2012, 05:24 AM |#1101  
Senior Member
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpossity

Hey there, could anyone help me replacing this awful hourglass screen at boot?

Here stands, that the bootanimation lays on the splash1 partition.

But how do I build a new bootanimation?
The resolution of the U8160 is 240 x 320 but I don't know at all which file type and in which dpi the pic/s must be...

Thanks

Edit:
I made an .img out from a .bmp (how to (german)) and replaced the splash partition with "fastboot flash splash splash.img" but the awful hourglass screen is still there.

When i flashed smartlucky ROM from lucky76, i had a pic that showed the screen broken and had an android popping out, seems though the hourglass is in the partition "cust" and so with a extra folder in the rom with the neccesary files in it, check out the smart lucky rom to get a gist of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maeur1 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
6th January 2012, 07:30 AM |#1102  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Regarding the one ring only when somebody calls, I've found out that the culprit is the ringtone, namely Terrible Twos. When I changed my ringtone to something else, poof!, the problem is gone.
6th January 2012, 11:21 AM |#1103  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Just got this T-Mobile Rapport U8180 and thought I'd have a bit of fun with it today.

Followed all the instructions to the letter and it all appeared to go well and after installing the 3 update zips (Rom, Hotfix and Google), I rebooted as instructed.

The device has been displaying the animated android on a skateboard with the arrow going around it for almost 10 minutes now.

Should I pull the battery and restart it or leave it alone because I'm not sure how long the first boot should be?

Thanks
6th January 2012, 12:22 PM |#1104  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcedv

Just got this T-Mobile Rapport U8180 and thought I'd have a bit of fun with it today.

Followed all the instructions to the letter and it all appeared to go well and after installing the 3 update zips (Rom, Hotfix and Google), I rebooted as instructed.

The device has been displaying the animated android on a skateboard with the arrow going around it for almost 10 minutes now.

Should I pull the battery and restart it or leave it alone because I'm not sure how long the first boot should be?

Thanks

Try to delete the UserData in CWM. This has helped me.
6th January 2012, 12:29 PM |#1105  
Paul!us's Avatar
Member
Flag My own world
Thanks Meter: 19
 
More
Sorry for out of thread post, but i've flashed a multi-boot software on my u8160 and now it's stuck on bootloader. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Please help, i have to fix it fast!

EDIT: Got access to bootloader through USB, what next?
EDIT2: Forgot to mention, the RAMDISK is damaged by it and i don't know where to get another one.
EDIT3: Got that thing fixed - thanks to fastboot and images from recovery and stock ROM (basically i needed only boot.img and recovery.img, everything else is back thanks to my nandroid backup). And i thought it was over. What a relief .
Last edited by Paul!us; 6th January 2012 at 12:56 PM.
6th January 2012, 02:04 PM |#1106  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpossity

Try to delete the UserData in CWM. This has helped me.

Awesome, it worked. Thanks.

I can't find a way to turn on/off GPS. Am I missing something?
6th January 2012, 03:38 PM |#1107  
Senior Member
Flag Dublin,Ireland
Thanks Meter: 196
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcedv

Awesome, it worked. Thanks.

I can't find a way to turn on/off GPS. Am I missing something?

You're missing the button on the status bar You can set which 6 hotkeys you can put on the status bar via Settings>Cyanogenmod Settings>Interface>Notification power widget> Widget buttons (to choose which to use) and Button order (Self explanatory)
Once you set it up... you can start and stop the GPS at will just by flicking the Status bar down and pressing the relevant button.
Ah,for what it's worth (and as an idea) mine are - Wireless/Bluetooth/GPS/Play(pause)-to use with winamp or google music/2G-3G toggle switch/Network Data - in that order
6th January 2012, 05:18 PM |#1108  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeur1

When i flashed smartlucky ROM from lucky76, i had a pic that showed the screen broken and had an android popping out, seems though the hourglass is in the partition "cust" and so with a extra folder in the rom with the neccesary files in it, check out the smart lucky rom to get a gist of it.

what is this Smartlucky rom you is talking about..?

does you have a link...?
6th January 2012, 06:29 PM |#1109  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk109

You're missing the button on the status bar You can set which 6 hotkeys you can put on the status bar via Settings>Cyanogenmod Settings>Interface>Notification power widget> Widget buttons (to choose which to use) and Button order (Self explanatory)
Once you set it up... you can start and stop the GPS at will just by flicking the Status bar down and pressing the relevant button.
Ah,for what it's worth (and as an idea) mine are - Wireless/Bluetooth/GPS/Play(pause)-to use with winamp or google music/2G-3G toggle switch/Network Data - in that order

Once again, thank you :)
6th January 2012, 07:47 PM |#1110  
Senior Member
Flag Wellington
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsomejackuk

what is this Smartlucky rom you is talking about..?

does you have a link...?

http://www.androidworld.it/forum/mod...rtlucky-20082/

only 2.2 though, so yea, i think that dev is working on CM7 but subpsyke here has already beaten him to it.
6th January 2012, 09:31 PM |#1111  
Member
Flag Craiova, Romania
Thanks Meter: 11
 
More
sd card
Hello guys. If you had read the last posts you know that i am having problems with the sdcard. But no more....I installed the stock rom via fastboot (i had a nandroid backup). In the beginning the problem was still there, but i had another sdcard and try it. It worked with that card and now is working with my card too. I don't understand what the problem was, anyway i will use the stock rom if i dont have problems again with the card. conclusions?

Another thing is that having the CW recovery i made a wipe and now the memory phone have 120mb free, allthough initialy the free memory on the phone was only 30 mb with the stock rom. And now it seems that the phone is more responsive with the stock rom compared to the time when i purchased it. What do you think?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gaga, u8160, u8180, vf858
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes