Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,023 Members 43,531 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] [Huawei U8160/U8180] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC1 U8160 Port (14th August 2012)

Tip us?

Maeur1
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpossity View Post
Hey there, could anyone help me replacing this awful hourglass screen at boot?

Here stands, that the bootanimation lays on the splash1 partition.

But how do I build a new bootanimation?
The resolution of the U8160 is 240 x 320 but I don't know at all which file type and in which dpi the pic/s must be...

Thanks

Edit:
I made an .img out from a .bmp (how to (german)) and replaced the splash partition with "fastboot flash splash splash.img" but the awful hourglass screen is still there.
When i flashed smartlucky ROM from lucky76, i had a pic that showed the screen broken and had an android popping out, seems though the hourglass is in the partition "cust" and so with a extra folder in the rom with the neccesary files in it, check out the smart lucky rom to get a gist of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maeur1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alumoi
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Regarding the one ring only when somebody calls, I've found out that the culprit is the ringtone, namely Terrible Twos. When I changed my ringtone to something else, poof!, the problem is gone.

forcedv
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Just got this T-Mobile Rapport U8180 and thought I'd have a bit of fun with it today.

Followed all the instructions to the letter and it all appeared to go well and after installing the 3 update zips (Rom, Hotfix and Google), I rebooted as instructed.

The device has been displaying the animated android on a skateboard with the arrow going around it for almost 10 minutes now.

Should I pull the battery and restart it or leave it alone because I'm not sure how long the first boot should be?

Thanks

mcpossity
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcedv View Post
Just got this T-Mobile Rapport U8180 and thought I'd have a bit of fun with it today.

Followed all the instructions to the letter and it all appeared to go well and after installing the 3 update zips (Rom, Hotfix and Google), I rebooted as instructed.

The device has been displaying the animated android on a skateboard with the arrow going around it for almost 10 minutes now.

Should I pull the battery and restart it or leave it alone because I'm not sure how long the first boot should be?

Thanks
Try to delete the UserData in CWM. This has helped me.

Paul!us
Old
(Last edited by Paul!us; 6th January 2012 at 12:56 PM.)
Thanks Meter 19
Sorry for out of thread post, but i've flashed a multi-boot software on my u8160 and now it's stuck on bootloader. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Please help, i have to fix it fast!

EDIT: Got access to bootloader through USB, what next?
EDIT2: Forgot to mention, the RAMDISK is damaged by it and i don't know where to get another one.
EDIT3: Got that thing fixed - thanks to fastboot and images from recovery and stock ROM (basically i needed only boot.img and recovery.img, everything else is back thanks to my nandroid backup). And i thought it was over. What a relief .

forcedv
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcpossity View Post
Try to delete the UserData in CWM. This has helped me.
Awesome, it worked. Thanks.

I can't find a way to turn on/off GPS. Am I missing something?

bk109
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by forcedv View Post
Awesome, it worked. Thanks.

I can't find a way to turn on/off GPS. Am I missing something?
You're missing the button on the status bar You can set which 6 hotkeys you can put on the status bar via Settings>Cyanogenmod Settings>Interface>Notification power widget> Widget buttons (to choose which to use) and Button order (Self explanatory)
Once you set it up... you can start and stop the GPS at will just by flicking the Status bar down and pressing the relevant button.
Ah,for what it's worth (and as an idea) mine are - Wireless/Bluetooth/GPS/Play(pause)-to use with winamp or google music/2G-3G toggle switch/Network Data - in that order
We are the BÝrg.Get assimilated. Resistance Sucks.
=======================================

handsomejackuk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeur1 View Post
When i flashed smartlucky ROM from lucky76, i had a pic that showed the screen broken and had an android popping out, seems though the hourglass is in the partition "cust" and so with a extra folder in the rom with the neccesary files in it, check out the smart lucky rom to get a gist of it.
what is this Smartlucky rom you is talking about..?

does you have a link...?

forcedv
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bk109 View Post
You're missing the button on the status bar You can set which 6 hotkeys you can put on the status bar via Settings>Cyanogenmod Settings>Interface>Notification power widget> Widget buttons (to choose which to use) and Button order (Self explanatory)
Once you set it up... you can start and stop the GPS at will just by flicking the Status bar down and pressing the relevant button.
Ah,for what it's worth (and as an idea) mine are - Wireless/Bluetooth/GPS/Play(pause)-to use with winamp or google music/2G-3G toggle switch/Network Data - in that order
Once again, thank you :)

Maeur1
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsomejackuk View Post
what is this Smartlucky rom you is talking about..?

does you have a link...?
http://www.androidworld.it/forum/mod...rtlucky-20082/

only 2.2 though, so yea, i think that dev is working on CM7 but subpsyke here has already beaten him to it.

Tags
gaga, u8160, u8180, vf858