Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,848 Members 36,569 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[DEV] [Huawei U8160/U8180] CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC1 U8160 Port (14th August 2012)

Tip us?

gabi_tz
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Default sd card

Hello guys. If you had read the last posts you know that i am having problems with the sdcard. But no more....I installed the stock rom via fastboot (i had a nandroid backup). In the beginning the problem was still there, but i had another sdcard and try it. It worked with that card and now is working with my card too. I don't understand what the problem was, anyway i will use the stock rom if i dont have problems again with the card. conclusions?

Another thing is that having the CW recovery i made a wipe and now the memory phone have 120mb free, allthough initialy the free memory on the phone was only 30 mb with the stock rom. And now it seems that the phone is more responsive with the stock rom compared to the time when i purchased it. What do you think?

nejdi94
Old
Thanks Meter 0
after i installed cyanogen my vodafone 858 got stuck at hourglass. with the v0.4 i get a android text only. what can i do

bk109
Old
(Last edited by bk109; 6th January 2012 at 10:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by nejdi94 View Post
after i installed cyanogen my vodafone 858 got stuck at hourglass. with the v0.4 i get a android text only. what can i do
Sorry to put it in really bold and coloured text,but it appears that it's the only way people notice what's written in the bloody instructions

Quote:
You must always data-wipe when upgrading from Froyo -> Gingerbread. /// Data wipe?: Not needed unless you have problems.
We are the BÝrg.Get assimilated. Resistance Sucks.
=======================================

gabi_tz
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nejdi94 View Post
if you are comming from froyo, you must do a wipe from CW before installing cyanogen. Now the best it will be to make that wipe and reflash cyanogen.

bk109
Old
(Last edited by bk109; 6th January 2012 at 11:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeur1 View Post
http://www.androidworld.it/forum/mod...rtlucky-20082/

only 2.2 though, so yea, i think that dev is working on CM7 but subpsyke here has already beaten him to it.
If you read through his explanations,the dev is using subpsyke's port.. only difference is that he saddles it with quite a bit of bloatware.
We are the BÝrg.Get assimilated. Resistance Sucks.
=======================================

nejdi94
Old
Thanks Meter 0
vodafone 858(huawei u1860) stuck at android text :@@@

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk109 View Post
Sorry to put it in really bold and coloured text,but it appears that it's the only way people notice what's written in the bloody instructions
I did data wipe i did cache wipe. I didnt do battery status wiping only should I ?

sinuhetmerlin
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeur1 View Post
http://www.androidworld.it/forum/mod...rtlucky-20082/

only 2.2 though, so yea, i think that dev is working on CM7 but subpsyke here has already beaten him to it.
no, already 2.5 version ... but CM7 is much more faster i think http://www.androidworld.it/forum/mod...rtlucky-20082/

nejdi94
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi_tz View Post
if you are comming from froyo, you must do a wipe from CW before installing cyanogen. Now the best it will be to make that wipe and reflash cyanogen.
i wiped cache, data, dalvik. the only thing i didnt wipe was the battery stats. should i wipe that tooo??

nejdi94
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is what i did. At first installed clockwork 4.0.1.5 than got cyanogen v0.6 and put it in the sd card. after this i wiped data, wiped cache and wiped dalvik. then i installed from zip cyanogen and hotfix 2. after all this clicked reboot my phone. and now it doesnt turn on. it shows just a android text and keeps like this all the time doesnt turn on. Can anybody help me?

Maeur1
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinuhetmerlin View Post
no, already 2.5 version ... but CM7 is much more faster i think http://www.androidworld.it/forum/mod...rtlucky-20082/
i meant that his rom is ANDROID version 2.2, but yes, it is up to 2.5 now.

Tags
gaga, u8160, u8180, vf858