[D2G] [Cook] N.HA VENUS RC5 Gingerbread 2.3(1/19/2012)

Search This thread

NeguitO

Mar 3, 2011
Santiago
VENUS ROM

A DROID 2 Global Custom ROM

Development: Ngocha2006

Current version: VENUS RC3 (11-15-2011)
Based on: DROID 2 Global 4.5.608 [2.3 Gingerbread]

anhso-031712_1.jpg

Hi!
Thx for de ROM, is rocks! but i have a little "issues" and one o two suggestion

1.- When I turn off my phone this turn on in the clockworkmod recovery, then i have to select "reboot system now" and android start.
2.- I cant see the reboot menu and i want to (maybe you can install the "screenshot menu" in a future =D)
3.- I can not access the Accounts section :(
4.- i miss the equalizer option
5.- the batery icon is a little small

Thank you again for you hard work, i am waiting for update.

Last edited:

sublimesed

Oct 4, 2011
Hi!
Thx for de ROM, is rocks! but i have a little "issues" and one o two suggestion

1.- When I turn off my phone this turn on in the clockworkmod recovery, then i have to select "reboot system now" and android start.
2.- I cant see the reboot menu and i want to (maybe you can install the "screenshot menu" in a future =D)
3.- I can not access the Accounts section :(
4.- i miss the equalizer option
5.- the batery icon is a little small

Thank you again for you hard work, i am waiting for update.

I have the same issues as well. Numbers 1 and 3 are the most important to be fixed..please.

D

donottouch

Very nice indeed...

It worked for me.
SFB'd back to 2.2 330 I'am in UK so official verizon OTA is locked out for me downloaded the leaked one (risky but worked)...
Rooted installed ClockWork Recovery.
Applied zip :D Thank you.

BTW: this is my 1st Droid 2 ,and my 1st Android pone in-one.

PS: any chance we could have the original "framework-res.apk" i prefer the original battery indicator. tried to change from ifferent roms but all ended up bootloop.

thanks

D

donottouch

Another question what is the application name you used to toggle the wifi,bt,etc. I want it gone :mad: where can it be find?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

Jan 4, 2011
Chambersburg, PA
Data Roaming??

Anyone able to find the option to turn on data roaming? I can't find it anywhere and I NEED IT!

I love this ROM and if someone can fix/help I will choose it out of all the available D2G ROMs...

I also tried wifi tethering and it won't work. Tried Android WiFi tether and Barnacle, neither will work. Android was the closest and the best I could get it to do is show the Verizon screen on my computer. Barnacle worked on MIUI, wrong kernel on my phone??

Last edited:

apollyon0810

Mar 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
How is this thread not closed yet? Ive been looking at D2G roms and several others for a year or so now, and every time this guy posts something, its just a rip off of somebody else's work. Considering he never replys... I just don't trust chinese knock offs of somebody else's work. I would also consider it dangerous to your data and privacy. A lesson learned from experience, but people should stay away from his kanged "Venus" brand ROMS. They've always been stolen.

tjikko

Feb 18, 2009
Heya, I installed it today and noticed some of the issues that other users have mentioned.
My question is is this ROM still in development or (dear developer) have you closed the project?

beepea206

Mar 18, 2011
Looks like another kang of apex from the apks. Given his penchant for doing so, why to the mods continue to let him post?

D

donottouch

Tried RC5 Gingerbread 2.3 today stuck at red m

SBF back to 608 stock,> wipe cache > factory reset > tried again stuck on red m

back to stock vzw .608 cleaned it and works fine ...quit trying custom roms.
need my droid working and not losing my data after a reboot... :mad:
it look for me this guys wasting time to create something alone not even sure will work. instead grouping together and creating something that will work.

used rc4 constantly rebooting rc3 was instable and freezing after i installed over 200 apps...

rydo88

Jul 12, 2011
I upgraded from one of the previous builds, now I can't access the settings. No force close or anything, it just doesn't do anything when I hit the button. Same for the calendar. Any fixes for this? If I'm going to have to do a full wipe, any one have a reccomendation for a solid rom where the calendar works?

Thanks.

Rhedd

Jan 17, 2009
Miami
Great roms. the best i've seen so far for this phone

i just downloaded and installed this on 2 D2G phones and they both are rock solid stable, Fast, and very reliable. GREAT GREAT ROM MAN. MANY THANKS

Every thing works right of the box. No flaws or and problems. EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECT.

Reactions: diegogpx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    VENUS ROM

A DROID 2 Global Custom ROM
    Development: Ngocha2006
    Current version: N.HA VENUS D2G (Rom Cook
    Based on: DROID 2 Global 4.5.608 [2.3 Gingerbread]

078d38bc91aa99c1da06addc21fa3cf2_40130861.20120119190509.png

dbcc1a8b084f2c1ecd851285a10915d5_40001224.20120115195928.png

0e89f41f4dd66238f630357914510b37_40001226.20120115200059.png

............................................................................

Install:
    1) Sbf back to 4.5.608
    2) Root and install Recovery with Droid 2 Recovery bootstrap.
    3) Recovery, install .zip file
    .............................................................................
    Update: VENUS RC5
    - Update new Launcher
    - Fix Contracts
    - Update Market
    - Update Maps
    - Fix battery
    - Fix Wifi\3G
    - Fix Audio
    - Hack 720p and sony bravia
    ......................................!

Link: N.HA VENUS RC5 (FIX)
    - Fix BT
    Do I need to wipe data before updating? I'm using RC2.
    Yes...!Wipe data\cache.
    So my old thread tips helped you? What rom you going to put on?

Down forget to 'thank' me if I did help you.
    ngocha2006, do you mind providing an update.zip to replace the jedi android logo with the default Motorola red M logo? The pic you choose is blindingly white especially since phone fires up at full brightness initially. Plus restoring nandroid won't replace this change, it would stay there until SBF.

Or if anyone knows how to flash back original M logo without going through the hassle of SBFing, updating/etc?

If you flash this zip through CWM, it should restore the normal red Moto logo. Unless you want the silver/white one, let me know.
    Great roms. the best i've seen so far for this phone

i just downloaded and installed this on 2 D2G phones and they both are rock solid stable, Fast, and very reliable. GREAT GREAT ROM MAN. MANY THANKS

Every thing works right of the box. No flaws or and problems. EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECT.