OP bubblegumballoon

14th September 2011, 01:47 AM   |  #11  
Flag Dublin, Ireland, Ireland
Thanks Meter: 57

866 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegumballon

Well If you actually knew anything about n64oid you would know that its not even on the android market. Its distributed via slideme which does not support uploading of multiple apk's for a single app.

And ive talked to alot of emulator developers and for some reason (Im not entirely sure why) Including touch pad support cuts off support for older versions (lower than 2.3).

haha ,completly forgot about that, but still, u see my point about the proper implemantation?

EDIT: Wait, I remember something that either Yonghz or Shtruck said something like the classes needed for this are unaccesible for Froyo and before or something, so you may be right. Apologies
14th September 2011, 01:57 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Swansea
Thanks Meter: 179

334 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nhialor

haha ,completly forgot about that, but still, u see my point about the proper implemantation?

EDIT: Wait, I remember something that either Yonghz or Shtruck said something like the classes needed for this are unaccesible for Froyo and before or something, so you may be right. Apologies

No problem and Im sure ive seen Shtruck say something along those lines on the fpsece forums
The Following User Says Thank You to bubblegumballoon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th September 2011, 05:22 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 269

658 posts
More
I would imagine they would be able to add backwards compatibility after adding touch pad support, but that would take extra time - which they may not be willing to give the time.
14th September 2011, 09:48 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Swansea

334 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hairdewx

I would imagine they would be able to add backwards compatibility after adding touch pad support, but that would take extra time - which they may not be willing to give the time.

Im not sure what you mean by backwards compatibility but in the future arm6 devices will be supported as well.

Also touch pads are in the process of being added, in the newest build the touchpad overlay has been added to the screen and different layouts have been made for different screen sizes (phone, tablet, small screens etc).
14th September 2011, 11:18 PM   |  #15  

658 posts
More
Quote:

Im not sure what you mean by backwards compatibility but in the future arm6 devices will be supported as well.

Also touch pads are in the process of being added, in the newest build the touchpad overlay has been added to the screen and different layouts have been made for different screen sizes (phone, tablet, small screens etc).

I meant having N64oid, FPSE, etc. detect the android version and run version specific code to add touch pad support while avoiding the compatibility issues.

I have done that before in software (I am a software engineer for a living) but it takes a long time to do and adds extra things to support. I certainly would not be motivated enough to do that either
15th September 2011, 11:09 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Swansea

334 posts
Quote:

I meant having N64oid, FPSE, etc. detect the android version and run version specific code to add touch pad support while avoiding the compatibility issues.

I have done that before in software (I am a software engineer for a living) but it takes a long time to do and adds extra things to support. I certainly would not be motivated enough to do that either

Im no emulation programmer but alot of emulator developers have said the same thing that implementing the touch pad controls limits it to 2.3+

Im sure if somebody was brainy enough to create an emulator then they would know how to support more versions if it were possible.

also I would like to point out that Mupen64plus-ae supports arm6, It was already implemented but I forgot to update my post.
15th September 2011, 06:04 PM   |  #17  

658 posts
More
Quote:

Im no emulation programmer but alot of emulator developers have said the same thing that implementing the touch pad controls limits it to 2.3+

Im sure if somebody was brainy enough to create an emulator then they would know how to support more versions if it were possible.

also I would like to point out that Mupen64plus-ae supports arm6, It was already implemented but I forgot to update my post.

Touch pads limit it to 2.3+ because of some of the classes and available system calls it needs are only in 2.3+.

But that doesn't mean it's impossible to make one apk support all android versions, just very impractical implementation-wise and probably not worth it.
15th September 2011, 10:12 PM   |  #18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Swansea

334 posts
Quote:

Touch pads limit it to 2.3+ because of some of the classes and available system calls it needs are only in 2.3+.

But that doesn't mean it's impossible to make one apk support all android versions, just very impractical implementation-wise and probably not worth it.

The project is open source so anybody (with the right knowledge) could just go and add touch pad support if they wanted.

Also I would like to point out touch screen controls have now been added but they are still not finished, there are still a few more things to be added like a moving analog stick and lots of optimisations so dont expect it to be perfect just yet.
17th September 2011, 12:08 AM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Swansea

334 posts
Mupen64plus-ae now works properly on adreno GPU's (qualcomm chipsets)

It works great on my xperia play! keep in mind that its still not finished yet.
18th September 2011, 10:02 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 73

859 posts
Quote:

Mupen64plus-ae now works properly on adreno GPU's (qualcomm chipsets)

It works great on my xperia play! keep in mind that its still not finished yet.

did you use the first apk or the "qualcomm" apk?

because Im trying the second apk and its not letting me download the data from paulscode.com...

any help would be appreciated

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread