Wallpapyrus - Play with wallpapers. Wallpapyrus is for you if you like iPhone style wallpaper (no scrolling)
a new wallpaper on each home screen
wallpaper change at intervals or on phone unlock
a running animated slideshow
iPhone DeepEnd app like 3d effect
see Boot animations as live wallpaper
Wallpapyrus has following features:
1) Four wallpaper modes:
a) Normal mode with four styles:
1. iPhone - Wallpaper does not scroll just like iPhone and of course like many other phones.
2. iPhone with wallpaper switching - Wallpaper does not scroll with home screen but can switch after set duration, phone unlock or on double tap on home screen.
3. Android - Wallpaper scrolls with home screen like normal android wallpaper.
4. Android with wallpaper switching - Wallpaper scrolls and can switch after set duration, phone unlock or on double tap on home screen.
It's not that normal mode after all. What do you think?
b) Chain - Different wallpaper on each home screen. Either set individual wallpapers for each home screen or set folders as wallpaper source. Ultimate option for theming.
c) Collage - Collage of wallpapers. Brings the feeling of randomness and chaos on your wallpaper.
d) Animated wallpaper - the coolest of the lot - an animated slideshow of wallpapers. See it to believe it. Don't overuse it. Other modes are also entitled for the same respect.
e) 3D Effect like Deepend app of iPhone - turn phone to see effect
f) Use boot animations as live wallpaper. Just unzip boot animations in a folder and put that folder in sd-card. Choose that folder in app. If multiple folders are selected boot animations are shown at random.
2) Wallpaper layout modes (available in normal mode only):
i. fill screen
ii. fit screen
iii. fit height
iv. fit width
Now don't get limited in your choice.
3) Set folders in sd card for wallpapers. Multiple folders can be selected and sub-folders support is also available. Wallpapers are selected randomly. For Normal mode (iPhone and Android without switching) wallpapers can be set from gallery or file manager apps - just like with normal wallpapers. Use “set as wallpapyrus” instead of “set as wallpaper”.
4) Wallpapers switch either at set duration or on phone unlock. Double tap to change wallpapers is also available.
Its the best wallpaper changer / switcher in the market.
5) Get cool pics from Flickr and your friends’ Facebook pics right on wallpaper.
6) Show/hide date, icons for facebook and flickr pics on wallpaper for easy identification on wallpaper.
7) Filters for color, brightness, saturation and contrast. Wallpapers look the way you want them.
8) Wallpapyrus does not run in the background but only when the user is on launcher. It goes to sleep when the user opens an app or locks the phone. For example if you don’t use your phone for a day wallpapyrus would not run in background and kill your battery. So the effect on cpu and battery is very limited.
9) Memory usage depends on screen size – less memory usage for small screen phones like Samsung galaxy ace, htc wildfire etc. So no worries for low ram phones.
10) All these features are made easy to use and organise by "Settings Wizard" and help button on each page of the app. It could not be easier.
Of course, more is coming....
Finally its upto you to decide whether wallpapyrus is worthy of what it claims to be. Your feedback by way of emails is imperative for improvement of existing features and addition of new features. Use "Email developer" provided in the menu for easier communication. If your language is other than english just send mail in your language - developer will use google translate. So don't hesitate.
If you like the app, share app with your friends by using "Share app" option provided in the menu.
Things I am working on:
1) I have one little problem. Wallpapyrus has default wallpaper after reboot with text "Wallpapyrus". I have to set wallpaper again and again when I am rebooting. Can you look at it please? - Bugscze - solved
2) First, thanks for the app. Really impressive. I'm not sure if it would work with a Live Wallpaper implementation or not but I would love to see schedules for wallpaper switching. For example...set the app to use one folder for Monday during the day, and then switch to another folder for Monday evening. Another example would be to use one folder or image for weekday's and another folder or image for weekends. Pwall, a non Live Wallpaper app, has this functionality, but the image quality on AMOLED screen's isn't the best. - solarus2011 - I want to give you option to save each and every setting in a profile; not just folder - so its taking late.
3) This gray scale filter is really cool! Plz make more like sepia, rainbow, android green, orange sunrise, etc. I think that's makes this app very unique. - solved ;) And don't forget an image quality option in, mhh, 3 steps? - Andrzej - - yet to be solved
4) Currently I can only select top level directories to display images from it. My images are all in subdirectories on my external SD card and there are also some directories among them I don't want to be displayed by Wallpapyrus - Karsten. - solved
(HTC Elfin) sold it
(Samsung Omnia i900L) sold it
SGS I9000T stolen
SGY S5360L sold it
LG P970 (OB) sold it
LG L9 P768g, TELCEL, Stock ROM 4.1.2 V20a (still looking to unlock bootloader without success)
EPad Flytouch 5, The Blazing Dragon by Gaboros ROM
Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more
20 Sep 2014
By Tomek Kondrat
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?