Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,668 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to block AdChoices ads on webpages.

Tip us?

Tx Redneck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 677
Default [Q] How to block AdChoices ads on webpages.

I'm using a host foe solution but it doesn't zap AdChoices. Anyone know the line I should ad to take care of them?

Tx

Saved and Texan by the grace of God, Redneck by choice.
God will not save you from that which he will perfect you through. Dr Voddie Baucham

If more people would get a divorce from themselves, they might learn how to live happily with someone else. Dr Ed Young Sr

No man ever sank beneath the burden of the day, it is when tomorrows burdens are added to today that the weight is more than we can bear. Dr Charles Stanley

Pirateghost
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 6285

DONATE TO ME
you will probably need a different browser, one that does its own adblocking

Tx Redneck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 677
Yeah, I've used ff w/ abp, but I'm so accustomed to the stocker and how it renders pages that I struggle switching.

Thanks for your time to reply.

God will not save you from that which he will perfect you through. Dr Voddie Baucham

If more people would get a divorce from themselves, they might learn how to live happily with someone else. Dr Ed Young Sr

No man ever sank beneath the burden of the day, it is when tomorrows burdens are added to today that the weight is more than we can bear. Dr Charles Stanley

Agoattamer
Old
Thanks Meter 486
Not familiar with the host foe solution. Was that an edited host file put on the ROM by the dev? If it was then possibly it needs updated. Have you tried using "Ad Free" from the market to see if it updates your host file to block those ads?
Samsung I717R Note
I717RUXMD1 Rogers Deodexed Stock JB ROM

Samsung I497 10.1 Tab2
I497UCBMF2 stock JB

HTC HD2 T9193
Winmo 6.5 Energy.Leo.29022.Sense2.5.Jul.04
2.12.50.02_2 RADIO

Tx Redneck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 677
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoattamer View Post
Not familiar with the host foe solution. Was that an edited host file put on the ROM by the dev? If it was then possibly it needs updated. Have you tried using "Ad Free" from the market to see if it updates your host file to block those ads?
ROFLCOPTERS! I was typing from my phone while @ work and didn't catch the foe typo.

I'm using AdAway which is essentially the equivalent and uses MVPS Hosts and HP Hosts but they're still showing.

Agoattamer
Old
Thanks Meter 486
LOL, that makes more sense. Some of the things I sent in text messages without proof reading was utterly embarrassing.

Shouldn't there be a way to add AdChoices to our host file manually?
Samsung I717R Note

Samsung I497 10.1 Tab2
I497UCBMF2 stock JB

HTC HD2 T9193
2.12.50.02_2 RADIO

Tx Redneck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 677
We have to figure out the name server for it first. I've tried adding AdChoices. Com adsense.com to no avail.

Agoattamer
Old
Thanks Meter 486
This is interesting

http://adsense.blogspot.com/2011/03/...-and-icon.html

Also just curious....do you have this turned off? Open up the market then select the menu button and then settings. Do you have Google AdMob Ads unchecked? They sound very similiar.
Samsung I717R Note

Samsung I497 10.1 Tab2
I497UCBMF2 stock JB

HTC HD2 T9193
2.12.50.02_2 RADIO

Tx Redneck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 677
Yes, from the get go.