[webOS] [GUIDE] Connect to an Ad-Hoc Network
This guide is assuming you're already in dev mode with Preware installed with all the feeds added. This guide was compiled from several different comments on precentral and PDANET. I've also added my own for deleting a stored wifi profile.
1. Disconnect any current wifi connections and delete all stored Wifi profiles: Navigate to Settings > Wifi > Stored Profiles, Swipe/drag stored profile to right or the left and select delete. Keep the Wifi turned on.
2. Configure your wifi hotspot on your phone to have all lower case ssid with no encryption/password.
3. Launch Preware and find and install Xecutah. This should automatically install xserver and xterm.
4. Launch Xecutah. Start Xserver. Navigate back to Xecutah and Start Xterm. Now go back to the Xserver window. You should now have a green command prompt.
5. In Xterm/Xserver input the following commands:
5a. iwconfig eth0 mode ad-hoc essid WIFINAME
5b. dhclient eth0
5c. echo nameserver 18.104.22.168 >> /etc/resolv.conf
5d. echo nameserver 22.214.171.124 >> /etc/resolv.conf
6. Launch browser and enjoy!
This does not allow the wifi utility to see any ad-hoc networks but just a direct connection to your hotspot.
Hopefully someone makes a script/patch to make it much easier to connect to an ad-hoc network each time.
If your having issues try these commands prior to step 5a:
ifconfig eth0 up