[Q] In-Ear Earphones with Mic?

14th December 2011, 12:30 AM   |  #41  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 64

287 posts
More
I found the Apple MA850G for about 30
when retail price should be around 80...anybody has any experience with them??

This is the product:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA850G/B

Sent from my brain with Beats Audio using my psychic powers
14th December 2011, 09:52 PM   |  #42  
Flag Mililani
Thanks Meter: 101

1,074 posts
More
Vmoda has a set I use them, Mic works fine, but no music controls, only single button.
15th December 2011, 01:45 AM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
More
Has anyone tried the Urbanears earbuds?

http://www.urbanears.com/headphones/bagis
20th December 2011, 07:29 PM   |  #44  

23 posts
There are many headphones that will work. My beats studio have the Controltalk meant for iPod, but with my PlayerPro music app, there are settings that will allow access to all of the functions of the remote except for the volume controls. So that means you can play/pause, skip tracks, and use the microphone.
The Following User Says Thank You to galaxyhtc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st December 2011, 03:45 PM   |  #45  
Flag San Antonio TX
Thanks Meter: 1,015

4,761 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxyhtc

There are many headphones that will work. My beats studio have the Controltalk meant for iPod, but with my PlayerPro music app, there are settings that will allow access to all of the functions of the remote except for the volume controls. So that means you can play/pause, skip tracks, and use the microphone.

Thanks for the info on the control talk issue! I saw that initially people were trying to use the beats studio on an android phone and the mic didn't actually work. Glad you found a solution to this. Even though you have to pay an extra 5 bux to use the pretty expensive headset to begin with.

Question, will the app let you use the headset controls systemwide? Lets say you wanted to check out your google music or pandora for a bit, can you still use the headset to answer calls then?
23rd December 2011, 06:58 AM   |  #46  
Las Vegas

3 posts
More
I've been using my Munitio Billet headset. Mic works with my Sensation and it's a good headset. Bestbuy has them for 70 dollars right now
The Following User Says Thank You to dianexis For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd January 2012, 06:27 PM   |  #47  
Thanks Meter: 4

92 posts
I use the OEM ones and they work fine.
4th January 2012, 12:21 PM   |  #48  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 6

28 posts
More
HTC HS U350 Audio Adapter
Hello all - i have only just noticed this thread and will paste below a post i made on www.smartphonegurus.com a while ago which touches on this same issue.

" I purchased the HS U350 audio adaptor some time ago for my HTC HD2 and have just tried it out on my new Sensation as it is advertised as a current accessory for the Sensation.

I am pleased to report it works perfectly. A single press of the button will launch the music player ( if neccesary ) and play whichever music track is currently selected and subsequent single presses of the button will toggle pause / resume playing.

A single press of the button will also answer / end any incoming call and a double press will initiate a call to the last number in the list. The inbuilt microphone works well with the Sensation when answering calls.

I have both Power Amp and the default HTC music player installed and the HS U350 button will launch and play Power amp by default, although i can confirm that if the default HTC player is already launched it will control that instead and wont then attempt to launch Power Amp.

So , highly recommended.
"

Hope this is of some assistance to you hi-fi heads out their with Sensations ! I use this adapter with my ageing but still lovely Sure E4's and its a great combo on the Sensation.
7th January 2012, 03:18 AM   |  #49  
Flag HAIL to the Victors!!!! That should tell you plenty
Thanks Meter: 98

561 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek55

Kilpsch Image S4A, should work, it design for Android..

Got these with my Sensation. Absolutely love them. And they work great in ICS without the app. As if ICS knows what the different button presses mean. Best part is, it works across any music app. No need to use the additional app to say what music player to control.
18th January 2012, 10:56 AM   |  #50  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 64

287 posts
More
Finally today I received the headset!

After weeks studying and partecipating to this thread I was heading to get a pair of Sennheiser mm30i or mm50i as I wanted to have a good pair of in ear speakers with which both listen to good music and being able to answer to any incoming call. I must say that I already use for the same purpose a pair of Panasonic RP-SH200...but being them without mic I always had to use the phone mic anyway...resulting not very practical if I needed to be handsfree...

My budget for this purchase was "antything under 50€" and I started an extensive search online to find the lowest price for the Sennheiser I was looking for...

During that I came across various thread reviewing the original HTC RC-E190 headset and they all were giving it a rate of 4 stars out of 5. A couple of people were complaining bout the low volume level but overall most of the people were far more than simply satisfied with them. Last but not least the headset cost from the original htc accessory store less then half the price of the mm30i and less then 1/3 of the price of the mm50i..!

Furthermore I found the headset even cheaper on the Bay..so I said: "why not giving it a chance?" and purchased it!

This is the product: http://www.htcaccessorystore.com/it/....aspx?i=223887

And here is my review:

1- Price: 15€ from UK shipping to Italy included

2- Sound: To me is really good. I have them on 1 hour so far and I didn't notice any distortion at any freq. Volume is more than enough (at the mom I'm at 60% and I can't here anything else than my music, though to be honest I'm at home and I should test them on a bus to be completely accurate on this review. By the way, relating the review to what I paid for, I can easily raise the quality level to "stunning"

3- I can't give an accurate review yet on how comfortable they are as I had in my ears just 1 hour so far, but so far so good. I noticed that if not inserted properly and really carefully they tend to slip away easily from your ears, and I didn't like this at all. I have some very small ears so everytime I use in ear speakers for the first time I always have to swap the silcon adapters to the smallest ones, but this time I had a few problems even with the tinest I found in the box as they are slightly bigger then any other in ear I ever tried..and maybe that is even why they slipped away from my ears a couple of times

4- Quality build seems average, not the best I've ever seen, but they do they're job and once again: for 15 bucks you can't pretend much more..

5- The flat wire is indeed very usefull thinking of how many times I had to untie endless knots out of my others in ear speakers with the usual round cables. Though I didn't decide yet if I like it or not...I must say that in picture it seems much more stylish...but when you look at yourself in the mirror it seems really "big"...maybe it's just that I'm not used to it...or to see it...but for the moment I'm not that happy with the "innovative design"...

6- I'm used to have the wires of my headsets inside my clothes so they don't interfere with whatever I'm doing with mu hands. The wire of the RC-E190 is long enough to easily connect the phone in your pocket with your ears, but the mic is placed at the level of your chest thus you can't have the headset wires inside your clothes if you want to receive or make any call and I didn't find any clip in the box to attach it on the exterior side of your clothes so this may become a little annoying depending what you are doing or plan to do...

7- With the 3buttons controller placed on the mic you can answer to any call, make a call to the last number saved in the call register, open the music player, play, pause, stop, skip forward and backward any track, activate the voice controll to tell your phone to text or to call somebody among your contacts

CONCLUSIONS: My overall rate to this headset is 3 out of 5 stars. They sound good, the controller is working good, but they have some downside on the practical side and on the design side. Considering the price you can get it the rate raise up to 3.5 out of 5 so if you're looking for one of the best balance between $$$ and quality I think you should definetely go for it!!

The Following User Says Thank You to PsicheAlCubo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread