Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,289 Members 36,744 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HELP] Camera not working

Tip us?

UnderZone7
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Unhappy [HELP] Camera not working

I think i got the only defective touchpad in the country. When it try digi camera it says camera failed to initialize with error 4. I contacted hp and they told me to try web os doctor and it did not help. Then they asked me to send it in and it was shipped to a third party repair facility and it came back the same with all the data wiped on it. What should i do now?

AssassinsLament
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 509

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderZone7 View Post
I think i got the only defective touchpad in the country. When it try digi camera it says camera failed to initialize with error 4. I contacted hp and they told me to try web os doctor and it did not help. Then they asked me to send it in and it was shipped to a third party repair facility and it came back the same with all the data wiped on it. What should i do now?
There have been a handful of people with this error, including me. It's a hardware issue because I have two touchpads and only one of them had this error, and I updated both with the same software. Some have fixed it by topping off the battery (make sure the battery gets a full charge), then restarting the touchpad. That didn't work for me. I had also tried web os doctor, factory resetting. Nothing helped. But then I found a website that shows you how to replace the camera, and from looking at it, I thought what if the camera just isn't seated correctly? So, I thought I'd try to apply pressure to the area around the camera (hoping to seat the camera in place) without opening up the touchpad and voiding warranty. And guess what? I ran a camera app right after I did that, and it worked.

I don't know if it was a fluke or not, but worth trying before you send it to HP and have to wait 2 weeks + for it. Just don't press hard enough to break the screen.

UnderZone7
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
thanks. but i sent it to hp and it came back the same and i just tried applying pressure but it did not work. could you send me the link to that video if you still have it?

AssassinsLament
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 509

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderZone7 View Post
thanks. but i sent it to hp and it came back the same and i just tried applying pressure but it did not work. could you send me the link to that video if you still have it?
http://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installi...-Camera/6075/1
The Following User Says Thank You to AssassinsLament For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

orateam
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Default camera not working

Camera does not work. As soon as i got the device, i upgraded to 3.0.2 and then preware. I since have found that my camera does not work. Tried resetting, freecam, skype, webos doctor re-install. Camera will either give an error or just crash the app that is trying to use it.

Does anyone know if there is way to restore to stock image?

thebadfrog
Old
Thanks Meter 469
I wonder if anyone would know how to in the General section?
The Following User Says Thank You to thebadfrog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]