Install official FroYo (if you have CM7, Miui, or any other rooted Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread with 2nd-init enabled rom go to step 4)
After setting up FroYo, root it.
Install CWM via 2nd-init from market.
reboot and run 2nd-init (voldown on blue LED)
Go to "Recovery"
Go to "Custom Recovery"
Go to "Wipe data"
Go to "Backup and Restore"
Go to "Restore"
Select "your nandroid-backup" and confirm
reboot. You should get stuck in a black screen.
Flash the FixedSBF now (pull battery --> go to bootoloader VOLUP+Power, flash /defy/fixed-sbf via RSD-lite)
After this process is finished the phone should reboot. Booting up can take a while, max is about 10 minutes.
- callID mismatch
- no battery indicator if you flash full sbf
- maybe only red lens work
- no blurfacebook
- panorama mode = FC --> fix ro.media.panorama.defres=2048x1536
CHANGELOG for NANDROID BACKUP nr.1
- /system/bin/battd from Milestone 2
- default language english
CHANGELOG for NANDROID BACKUP walter79
- 720p record and play (record for red lens)
- 1% battery, browser fix, blurhome google market icon, blue checkboxes thanks to spear1403
- multilanguage, en, ch, fr, nl, de, es, it, pt
- rooted, deodexed
- removed a lot of chinese apps
There are quite a few major players in the source-built custom ROM world nowadays, but undoubtedly the … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?