Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 42,083 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[PATCH] Squared Grid Start Menu mod

Tip us?

curiousrom
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Thumbs up Square Start Menu 4 Columns 96 pixels Icons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z80-Man View Post
What's in the CAB :

- CPRs for portrait and landscape WVGA only

- All icons are shrinked to 80x80 pixels

- All titles are 6-size Tahoma fonts, beginning 4 pixels under the icon

- 4 columns x 5 rows portrait setup, icons titles on 3 lines, 120 pixels wide...

How to install the 4x5 / 6x3 square Start menu :

1) Copy the modified shell32.exe matching your Windows Mobile build from Ultrashot's RAR archive ;

2) Install the CAB from the link at the bottom of this post. Destination doesn't matter, as target folder is hardcoded.

Cheers, and many thanks to Ultrashot.
Thank you for that cab. I prefer larger icons with less space between them so I modified your portrait cpr file to get 96 x 96 pixels icons and modified your cab. See attached screen cap, cab and cpr file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Start_Menu_96pixels.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	1447169  
Attached Files
File Type: cab Start_Menu_4_Squared_Grid_Z80_96pixels.cab - [Click for QR Code] (1.2 KB, 20 views)
File Type: rar StartMenu_GridScene_480x800.rar - [Click for QR Code] (711 Bytes, 18 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to curiousrom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BorisMKD
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Is there any WQVGA mod for this thing? Would like to see the start menu of my beloved Omnia i900 with squared grid of 3 or 4 rows. Or at least tell me how to edit the CPR file, I can do it myself

Thanks.

wulishui
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I like this very much , but now I use wm6.5 21869, because it works faster than wm6.5.x . How can this work on 21869 ?
Attached Files
File Type: zip shell32_21869.zip - [Click for QR Code] (334.2 KB, 8 views)

Z80-Man
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousrom View Post
Thank you for that cab. I prefer larger icons with less space between them so I modified your portrait cpr file to get 96 x 96 pixels icons and modified your cab. See attached screen cap, cab and cpr file.
OK...

If I choosed a smaller size, it was for different purposes :

- Homogeneous look : same size as CHT quicklink icons

- Enough room to display long icons names (3 lines in portrait !)

- Ability to display a fully showing 3x6 grid in landscape mode, with the same ability to display long icons labels (though now reduced to 2 wider lines).

Now of course, anyone can change the setting to whatever his taste... I actually spent a lot of time lining up all the items correctly, then my CPRs can be used as starting positions for any changes you want.
HTC HD/HD2 with 64 GB SD XC - Energy WM6.5.3 build 29022 French / Sense 2.5 build 2019 / CHT 2.0 - GTX clock - Radio ROM 1.17.25.09/2.12.50.02_2
How-to : FingerKeyboard management and XT9 patch
Wiki : Energy ROMs Wiki
Energy ROMs add-ons & fixes CABs : General mods and fixes *** HD FRA fixes *** HD2 FRA fixes
Non flipping digital clocks for Sense/CHT 1.7/1.8/2.0 : CHT2.0 version ready !