Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more

Prepare Your Nokia X2 for Battle with Nokia X2 Tools

Unveiled in June this year, the Nokia X2 is the Finnish companys second crack at an … more

Increase the Speaker Volume of Your Samsung Gear 2 with Tool and Tutorial

I think its pretty safe to say that any sound coming out of a … more

[Q] E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 7)

16th September 2011, 01:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Ive just about tried everything to get my phone to do a system update. When i do try to update it. It starts up Teamwin Recovery and says updated aborted. So i tried to flash the update manually by going to /downloads then trying to flash the OTA Sharp shooter and thats when i get the E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 7) at the end. So if anyone could help would be greatly appreciated.
16th September 2011, 01:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 154

505 posts
More
Lightbulb
Quote:
Originally Posted by blupo

Ive just about tried everything to get my phone to do a system update. When i do try to update it. It starts up Teamwin Recovery and says updated aborted. So i tried to flash the update manually by going to /downloads then trying to flash the OTA Sharp shooter and thats when i get the E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 7) at the end. So if anyone could help would be greatly appreciated.

What do you mean by System Update? What are you on now? Are you trying to flash a ROM? Going to /Downloads and flashing OTA sharp shooter; not sure what you mean by this at all......
16th September 2011, 03:24 AM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,703

3,827 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blupo

A HTC OTA update cannot be flashed using a custom recovery, that is why you are getting the second error. Also a OTA will fail when HBoot attempts to run it when you have a custom recovery installed, that is probably the source of. First error.

Bottom line is that an OTA cannot be installed when you have a custom recovery, so just fine a custom, rooted Rom that is based on the OTA and flash that instead.
Last edited by tpbklake; 16th September 2011 at 01:51 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to tpbklake For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2011, 03:30 AM   |  #4  
Colorado
Thanks Meter: 91

358 posts
Donate to Me
More
all you gotta do is go to recovery try to install it when you get the error pull the battery and go back into recovery from bootloader
The Following User Says Thank You to pimp100500 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2011, 06:45 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
More
Thanks i would make you kool-aid but im fresh out... and that didnt work either

---------- Post added at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 AM ----------

Yea i think your right... O well
2nd July 2012, 06:31 PM   |  #6  
Flag Pune

2 posts
More
Hey guys,

I had a similar problem when trying to flash my Nexus s with CyberGR mod.
Tried pretty much everything from trying to wipe system/dalvik/cache/factory reset and also disabled signature check.
Nothing really happened, i kept getting the error again.
Then i had flashed the recovery image (had a TWRP 2.0 running... changed it to CWM) and then the flash went on just fine.
So my guess is that this something to do with the recovery ROM. I would want to ensure that the recovery image used by the dev and mentioned in the install instructions be used.
Hope this helps.
2nd July 2012, 09:18 PM   |  #7  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 84

553 posts
More
I just reboot recovery and that fixes it when that happens. Have you tried that? No need for battery pull imo

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc evo 3d, system update, teamwin recovery
Previous Thread Next Thread