We all know that the battery life on the gingerxperia rom by xperiafans13 is very good, but there are some bugs in that rom. The phone app crashes during calls, etc. Secondly there are fully working roms like gingerdx by dixoanh, but battery life is very bad in his roms, so I made some hacks.
1. Download both gingerxperia and gingerdx.
2. Open the gingerxperia rom with winrar.
3. Open its /system folder.
4. Replace the /system/framework and /system/etc folders with ones from gingerdx.
5. Go to the (/system)/apps folder, replace these three apks with gingerdx's:
6. Backup your old rom. Install this modified gingerxperia rom using ClockWorkMod recovery, then reboot.
7. Open root explorer on your phone. Go to the /system/etc folder. Replace hw_config_sh file with stock hw_config_sh file.
8. Go to settings. Click on display, go to brightness, open and uncheck automatic brigthness button. Reboot your phone.
Now your battery life behaves like stock roms. With the help of this hack you did not need to delete or freeze any apps like gmail or maps etc. And you also do not need to worry about your battery life in gingerbread roms. If you want better result avoid using framework mods and themes. This may brick your phone, so backup your old rom.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|