Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 54,341 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting HTC Sensation

Tip us?

AnchorChin
Old
(Last edited by AnchorChin; 16th September 2011 at 04:07 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Rooting HTC Sensation

Dear Seniors,Developers,Moderators and Members,

Hi guys, I recently just joined this site and is totally new to rooting my Sensation.

I read threads like [Guide] to Installing S-off, ClockWork, Root, SuperCID & S-on [03/AUG/11](noobproof), [ROM] Android Revolution HD™ 3.5.0 XE | High Quality & Performance | OC | faux 0.1.5

but I am still not sure about certain things

1)My Sensation is running on Android 2.3.3. Am I able to S-OFF, Permanently root my Sensation and to install Android Revolution HD rom which has 2.3.4?

2)Which steps am I going to take to S-OFF, Permanently root and install that custom rom? [Got confused whether to follow step 1 to 3 [root] or step 1 and 2[install custom rom for the first time]]

3)Am I use my phone normally like an unrooted phone after S-OFF and Permanently rooted my phone without install a custom rom?

4)Is this [GUIDE] (For Noobs) SDK, ADB, and Drivers needed as part of the phone rooting process?[I don't have any HTC Sync software/drivers installed]

5)Is Super CID needed to install Android Revolution HD rom? [I didn't quite understand what Super CID is]

Thank you for spending your time reading it, any more information or help is much appreciated.

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,046
1. Yes
2. Read the first guide, do Step 1 & 2 and then flash the custom ROM
3. Yes, if you do Steps 1, 2 & 3 (if you just want a stock rooted ROM)
4. No
5. No
OnePlus One A0001 (Sandstone Grey) 64GB
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH33R) | Bootloader: Stock | Recovery: Stock | Radio: Stock | Kernel: Stock

Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mathrania
Old
Thanks Meter 574
You can Root you sensation.
Follow the steps from step 1.
1)S-off your phone via Revolutionary method;
2)Install recovery;
3)Permenantly root your phone;
4)Flash New Rom;

These are the basic steps you have to follow. All the steps are explained very well in the thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1192300.
SuperCID is not really required.
And the drivers, well i did not download them(I am not sure if they were already present in my laptop), so just give it a try without downloading them, but yes, the files mentioned on the S-off, Rooting thread would be required.
Before starting, make sure to "Enable Debugging" and "Disable Fastboot".
Also uninstall HTC Sync from your mobile.
Good luck with it, if there are any more doubts, post again, me or someone else will help for sure.
Nokia 3310 > Nokia 3610 > Nokia 3650 > Nokia 6600 > Nokia N72 > Sony Ericsson K800 > Nokia N73 > Nokia N95 > Sony Ericsson W960i > Nokia E90 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > HTC DESIRE HD > HTC SENSATION > HTC ONE X >>> HTC ONE

If my post is useful to you, then hit the "THANKS" button please
The Following User Says Thank You to mathrania For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AnchorChin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Thanks for your replies, I have a problem in revolutonary it say communication with phone unexpectdly interrupted. Try again. How do I solve it?

quierotacobell
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorChin View Post
Thanks for your replies, I have a problem in revolutonary it say communication with phone unexpectdly interrupted. Try again. How do I solve it?
I tried that 3 times and 3 times it said that message but somehow it went s-off, so keep trying it.
The Following User Says Thank You to quierotacobell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AnchorChin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Tried 5 times but still kept showing communcation with phone unexpected interrupted

claudenegm
Old
Thanks Meter 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorChin View Post
Tried 5 times but still kept showing communcation with phone unexpected interrupted
You've got HTC Sync on your PC?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e
-> Samsung Galaxy S4
Previous phones:
HTC Sensation XL PVT SHIP S-OFF
HTC Sensation PVT SHIP S-OFF

Check out my guide on How to revert to Stock Recovery and Install OTA Updates without losing data.
Check out my application Android Recovery Manager.

Please hit the Thanks button if I helped
The Following User Says Thank You to claudenegm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AnchorChin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudenegm View Post
You've got HTC Sync on your PC?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e
Nope, I have already uninstalled the HTC Sync and left HTC Driver Installer and HTC BMP Usb Driver installed only.

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,046
Just keep trying, it will eventually work. I've reported it god knows how many times to the Revo guys but they either don't care or can't fix it

After each step that fails, reboot the phone and do it again
OnePlus One A0001 (Sandstone Grey) 64GB
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH33R) | Bootloader: Stock | Recovery: Stock | Radio: Stock | Kernel: Stock

Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock
The Following User Says Thank You to EddyOS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AnchorChin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
Just keep trying, it will eventually work. I've reported it god knows how many times to the Revo guys but they either don't care or can't fix it

After each step that fails, reboot the phone and do it again
Ok, I will keep on trying for a day or so and will report back for the result

---------- Post added at 08:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Yes!! Finally got it S-OFF but the the version is 1.17.1111 not 1.17.1011. Is it ok?