Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 44,888 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nook Color Won't Turn On

Tip us?

JustisLewis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nook Color Won't Turn On

So I got my Nook Color a couple of days ago. I've been using CM7 off the SD card, but when I just went to turn it on nothing happens. I took the SD card out, still a no go. I even tried using a cwm from sd card thing, nada. The Nook doesn't turn on at all. any ideas?

k8108
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Try plugging in the nook and leaving it for a little while. Sometimes that helps it reset itself.

ruthienu
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Try holding down both the power and the nook button simultaneously for awhile untill it reboots sounds like the sod (sleep of death) hit you. Google it!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

inportb
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 178
Have you tried rebooting your Nook? Hold the power button for 10 seconds or so, then release it and hold it again for a couple of seconds until the screen flashes white.

JustisLewis
Old
(Last edited by JustisLewis; 19th September 2011 at 10:04 PM.) Reason: Additional Information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I just left it alone for a while and when I picked it up a few hours later it came on. It happened again today, I turned off the screen for a minute, went to turn it back on a and nothing happened. Just a black screen. Interestingly, it was still running though, because when I hit the volume keys the tone sounded. I just held down the power button till it turned off and then turned it back on and it booted right up. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Edit: I forgot to mention I'm now running CM7 from internal memory, so its not just instability from running it from SD

koopakid08
Old
Thanks Meter 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustisLewis View Post
I just left it alone for a while and when I picked it up a few hours later it came on. It happened again today, I turned off the screen for a minute, went to turn it back on a and nothing happened. Just a black screen. Interestingly, it was still running though, because when I hit the volume keys the tone sounded. I just held down the power button till it turned off and then turned it back on and it booted right up. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Edit: I forgot to mention I'm now running CM7 from internal memory, so its not just instability from running it from SD
Read the other posts its called Sleep of Death

JustisLewis
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by koopakid08 View Post
Read the other posts its called Sleep of Death

I was under the impression that in sleep of death the nook is inoperable, ie the volume keys wouldn't work. Is that inaccurate?

koopakid08
Old
Thanks Meter 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustisLewis View Post
I was under the impression that in sleep of death the nook is inoperable, ie the volume keys wouldn't work. Is that inaccurate?
No, for some odd reason sometimes you can hear sound and the volume keys will work. Nothing else will.

To fix SoD: set up two profiles in tasker. One for wifi off when screen is off and one for wifi on with screen on.

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to koopakid08 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

park_timmy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
tasker fix, good to know, had this happen the other day to my nook

caferacer73
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Glad I came across this thread. I updated my ROM to CM7.1 earlier this week and have been enjoying it. Came home today and couldn't get my nook color to turn on. Was starting to panic that it had died. Thankfully it was the SoD and I got it back on.

Thanks for the quick tips on how to get it back up and running.