Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Gingerbangvanilla Customizations

OP tabaxi

17th September 2011, 06:41 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I just installed Gingerbangvanilla 1.7 and I like it, but I was wondering if there was any way to customize the launcher, i.e. disable home screen looping, edit number of home screens, change lock screen. I came from the Fascinate and loved TSM on it but was hoping for "TSM Parts"
17th September 2011, 02:44 PM   |  #2  
Flag Tallahassee, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,012

4,521 posts
Donate to Me
More
Go get ROM manager and tsm pool party is in there. Its a direct port from pool party on the fascinate if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my rooted, MiUi/Go Launcher EX combo.
17th September 2011, 04:47 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 17,091

10,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabaxi

I just installed Gingerbangvanilla 1.7 and I like it, but I was wondering if there was any way to customize the launcher, i.e. disable home screen looping, edit number of home screens, change lock screen. I came from the Fascinate and loved TSM on it but was hoping for "TSM Parts"

tsm parts is kind of straight forward to port to samsung touchwiz phones, but is insanely difficult (at least for me) to make work on a sense rom

i *think* i might be able to get the status bar tweaks working on it...but lockscreens are more difficult as samsung already allowed for multiple lockscreens by default in touchwiz (glass, puzzle) so it was a lot simpler (still insane)

but my focus was to make stable roms off the latest ota and add various tweaks as i could...and i think the results have been good so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerlawhon

Go get ROM manager and tsm pool party is in there. Its a direct port from pool party on the fascinate if I'm not mistaken.

yes, poolparty is an aosp port by omj of sbrissen's version on the fascinate...if you want tsm parts on this phone thats the way to go (awesome rom!)
The Following User Says Thank You to nitsuj17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th September 2011, 08:27 PM   |  #4  
Flag Tallahassee, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,012

4,521 posts
Donate to Me
More
Right now I'm using MIUI and I'm loving it. You can get tons of different themes and lockscreens. And if you don't like the iPhone like launcher, download a different one like go launcher ex. My personal favorite. I'm using the stock MIUI launcher.

18th September 2011, 03:52 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
I love the stability of this ROM so I'll deal with the lockscreen and I installed GO Launcher EX. My main problem with AOSP ROMs is the mail app has a problem with Hotmail so this will work for now.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium
18th September 2011, 05:57 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer
Flag PA

10,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabaxi

I love the stability of this ROM so I'll deal with the lockscreen and I installed GO Launcher EX. My main problem with AOSP ROMs is the mail app has a problem with Hotmail so this will work for now.

I will take a shot at rotary lockscreen as well as status bar customizations in a week or so....have some work to do on the fascinate this week
18th September 2011, 09:39 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

6 posts
Cool, rotary is actually my fav.

21st September 2011, 07:24 AM   |  #8  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 207

1,071 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17

I will take a shot at rotary lockscreen as well as status bar customizations in a week or so....have some work to do on the fascinate this week

Any chance for a 3.0 style or a ripple lock(Honeycomb) style lockscreen Mod?? I love GingerbangVanilla either way.....
21st September 2011, 02:01 PM   |  #9  
Recognized Developer
Flag PA

10,086 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzopreme

Any chance for a 3.0 style or a ripple lock(Honeycomb) style lockscreen Mod?? I love GingerbangVanilla either way.....

sense 3.0 lockscreen (which is available by patch for gingerbangvivow) would require rosie to work correctly...well at least to edit/use properly...as personalize doesnt work with the sense launcher (you would be stuck with whatever settings/skins u had pre-flash

alternative lockscreens are extremely difficult in sense besides aosp (well super easy) and rotary (not easy but its in the framework already)...nothing is impossible of course...just beyond my scope of abilities

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread