FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] Gingerbangvanilla Customizations

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By tabaxi, Junior Member on 17th September 2011, 05:41 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I just installed Gingerbangvanilla 1.7 and I like it, but I was wondering if there was any way to customize the launcher, i.e. disable home screen looping, edit number of home screens, change lock screen. I came from the Fascinate and loved TSM on it but was hoping for "TSM Parts"
 
 
17th September 2011, 01:44 PM |#2  
tylerlawhon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tallahassee, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,025
 
Donate to Me
More
Go get ROM manager and tsm pool party is in there. Its a direct port from pool party on the fascinate if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my rooted, MiUi/Go Launcher EX combo.
17th September 2011, 03:47 PM |#3  
nitsuj17's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 17,114
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabaxi

I just installed Gingerbangvanilla 1.7 and I like it, but I was wondering if there was any way to customize the launcher, i.e. disable home screen looping, edit number of home screens, change lock screen. I came from the Fascinate and loved TSM on it but was hoping for "TSM Parts"

tsm parts is kind of straight forward to port to samsung touchwiz phones, but is insanely difficult (at least for me) to make work on a sense rom

i *think* i might be able to get the status bar tweaks working on it...but lockscreens are more difficult as samsung already allowed for multiple lockscreens by default in touchwiz (glass, puzzle) so it was a lot simpler (still insane)

but my focus was to make stable roms off the latest ota and add various tweaks as i could...and i think the results have been good so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerlawhon

Go get ROM manager and tsm pool party is in there. Its a direct port from pool party on the fascinate if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my rooted, MiUi/Go Launcher EX combo.

yes, poolparty is an aosp port by omj of sbrissen's version on the fascinate...if you want tsm parts on this phone thats the way to go (awesome rom!)
The Following User Says Thank You to nitsuj17 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th September 2011, 07:27 PM |#4  
tylerlawhon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tallahassee, FL
Thanks Meter: 1,025
 
Donate to Me
More
Right now I'm using MIUI and I'm loving it. You can get tons of different themes and lockscreens. And if you don't like the iPhone like launcher, download a different one like go launcher ex. My personal favorite. I'm using the stock MIUI launcher.

Sent from my rooted, MiUi/Go Launcher EX combo.
18th September 2011, 02:52 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I love the stability of this ROM so I'll deal with the lockscreen and I installed GO Launcher EX. My main problem with AOSP ROMs is the mail app has a problem with Hotmail so this will work for now.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium
18th September 2011, 04:57 PM |#6  
nitsuj17's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 17,114
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabaxi

I love the stability of this ROM so I'll deal with the lockscreen and I installed GO Launcher EX. My main problem with AOSP ROMs is the mail app has a problem with Hotmail so this will work for now.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

I will take a shot at rotary lockscreen as well as status bar customizations in a week or so....have some work to do on the fascinate this week
18th September 2011, 08:39 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Cool, rotary is actually my fav.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium
21st September 2011, 06:24 AM |#8  
Enzopreme's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag West Palm Beach
Thanks Meter: 209
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitsuj17

I will take a shot at rotary lockscreen as well as status bar customizations in a week or so....have some work to do on the fascinate this week

Any chance for a 3.0 style or a ripple lock(Honeycomb) style lockscreen Mod?? I love GingerbangVanilla either way.....
21st September 2011, 01:01 PM |#9  
nitsuj17's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 17,114
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzopreme

Any chance for a 3.0 style or a ripple lock(Honeycomb) style lockscreen Mod?? I love GingerbangVanilla either way.....

sense 3.0 lockscreen (which is available by patch for gingerbangvivow) would require rosie to work correctly...well at least to edit/use properly...as personalize doesnt work with the sense launcher (you would be stuck with whatever settings/skins u had pre-flash

alternative lockscreens are extremely difficult in sense besides aosp (well super easy) and rotary (not easy but its in the framework already)...nothing is impossible of course...just beyond my scope of abilities
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes