Instruction for Flashing a Rom
First off all, credit for this guide goes to steal25 and lowetaxes for the original guide
It was just revised for the Shift
A special thanks also goes to strapped365 for his help revising this guide
READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS ALL THE WAY THROUGH FIRST BEFORE DOING ANYTHING
I do not reccomend "just flashing over a ROM"
1. REREAD THE INSTRUCTIONS
(If your seeing this for the second time, proceed)
2. Make a Nandroid backup of your present set up.
3. Boot into Recovery
4. WIPE EVERYTHING!!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH
•Wipe in this order:
THEN WIPE ALL USER DATA/FACTORY RESET
Do all of these 3Xs . Some do it only once. Some do it as much as 4Xs . 3Xs is Recommended
WIPE EVERYTHING EXCEPT THE SD CARD
5. Flash ROM (of your choosing)
6. Reboot (first Boot may take a while ) this is NOT a Bootloop.
7. Before you do anything, let the ROM settle in for about 10 mins. After about 10 mins, unlock the lockscreen.
8. Skip through Initial set up. DO NOT set up any accounts yet. Check and make sure everything installed.
9. IF NOT ON A SENSE ROM
go ahead and install google apps
10. Now go ahead and sign into all your accounts. Set up Google and all that good stuff.
11. Open market, and install apps. If you use Titanium Backup DO NOT RESTORE System Apps or Data
. Try not to restore Data for any app. If you restore an app like games and such, just restore the app.
THESE ARE THE SAME INSTRUCTIONS I FOLLOW. THE RESULT IS A BETTER FLASH THAN JUST DOING A REGULAR WIPE.
THIS PROCESS WILL ENSURE THE SYSTEM IS WIPED PROPERLY. RESULT, LESS OF A CHANCE FOR ISSUES TO ARISE!
The Original THREAD
for the Guide
***I am not responsible for any damage that may occur to your device. If it BLOWS UP - MELTS - STEALS YOUR CAR - OR EATS YOUR GOLDFIISH IT'S ON YOU. This is only a recommendation of what you should do to Properly Wipe your device. If you cannot follow instructions that is on you.