[Q] Is mine a defect or is this normal?
I bought my epic 4g touch brand new from a corporate sprint store on friday. I really really like it but there are some strange things happening with it. I'm trying to figure out if these are normal or if this is how the phone is so that I can know if I need to do a hard rest, return it and use my evo again, or just exchange it.
Here are the problems I am having.
1. Friday while driving it home from the sprint store it was in my cars console and the screen turned off. Me being nuts about it, I decided to pick it back up and turn it on to admire the screen some more and it would not turn back on. I pushed the power button over and over again but nothing! I had to pull the battery.
2. It seems like the 4g is going to sleep too fast and also even into a sleep that is too deep! (example... after about 5 seconds of not using it the 4g symbol changes to zzz once that happens its almost like my data is off completely. This is especially frustrating because my e-mail is being delayed along with notifications from apps.
3. I have gone into settings and tried to increase the amount of time it takes before my screen turns off but no matter what I put it on it still goes off in like 15 seconds.
4. When I get an incoming call the ringtone is realllllllllly low for the first 2 or 3 seconds then it gets realllllly loud. Why is there a 2 second delay?
5. This morning, while using typing out a text msg the phone just completely froze. I tried pushing the home button and also tried the power button but nothing would work. I had to pull the battery.
I forgot to add this...
6. Sometimes when using 4g the 3g icon goes away then comes back and it will say both 3g and 4g then the data connection will not work at all. (I have done prl and profile updates over and over and over and over...)
Are these normal things to happen with this phone or should I take some kind of action?
Always bet on black.