Ok, this will be another fun.
Again, my first attempt (like FroyoBread and GingerDX!) to build a custom Linux kernel for a phone. I've just found some free time this weekend This time, this is a kernel. Again, you can guess it's a Linux kernel having my customized features. We will gradually see what can be done
This Linux kernel is based on our great FreeXperia Project (Jerpelea) kernel. Thank you for your unbelievable contribution for our Xperias. I still use racht's great compiling machine for this project. Thank you racht.
- Linux 2.6.29
- Default GingerDX logo
- X8Gesture / AX8MT for (fake) dual touch
- ext 2/3/4 support
- FXP's merged minmax / smartass / smartass V2 governor
- netfilter / iptables
- swap. NOT recommended.
- MDDI fix
- Brain **** Scheduler
- None (?)
2. Turn off the phone
3. Run flashtool
4. Press Flash, choose downloaded file
5. Turn on phone while pressing back button
6. Wait till progress finishes
7. Unplug the phone, turn it on back
1. This kernel is tested by me only on GingerDX. I don't test with other ROMs, so it is only supported if you are using GingerDX. (Perhaps this will change in future, but not now)
2. This kernel is written for E15i. I don't have E15a, so if you have problems with E15a, I cannot help.
3. This kernel is in development. It may contain bugs. If you have bugs (reboot, something not working, etc...), post it here. Don't send me PM for technical problems. I will not answer most of technical PMs
4. Incompatible with FXP ROM. Wifi will not work on his ROM.
5. Source: it has been on github for a long time but how come I forgot to put the link here @.@
Thanks go to the_laser, jerpelea, racht, nobodyAtall, zdzihu, Bin4ry and lots of other contributors...
- October 04 v004.
- SD Card compatibility fix.
- Notice: after this release I'll be very busy. I will not work on both GDX and LDX for some time.
- September 27 v003. Fully working.
- Wifi fix! Thanks to FXP.
- Remove chargemon compatibility to solve 100% load of init process.
- September 24 v002. Improvements.
- Integrated ClockworkMod 188.8.131.52. Use touchscreen to activate it during boot.
- Built in UV
/OC. Set 614MHz as default and removed 600MHz.I'm not a fan of OC.
- BFS 0.313
- Chargemon compatible!
- September 19 v001. Initial public release.
Development (What has been done in my development kernel)
- Nothing yet
I'm not responsible if this kernel bricks your lovely phone. Use it at your own risk!
You like my kernel? Feel free to . I'd like some beer in this hot summer!