5,594,221 Members 45,705 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AGPS Patch Iconia 3.1 & 2.2 | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK, CAN LOCK ONTO MORE SATS

Tip us?

ZeroAlphawolf
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Yeah so far it seems to be fine. I dunno, i will keep watching it and trying the map app sporadically, im hoping that it will remain well off, because when it doesnt have that hanging notification it seems to pull my location quicker on any of the location based apps. Thanks again.

crypted
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 4055

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroAlphawolf View Post
Yeah so far it seems to be fine. I dunno, i will keep watching it and trying the map app sporadically, im hoping that it will remain well off, because when it doesnt have that hanging notification it seems to pull my location quicker on any of the location based apps. Thanks again.
Keep us posted.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using XDA App

ZeroAlphawolf
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Hmmm definitely sporadic, it started up again without me even going into any particular map or GPS related app, kind of obnoxious.

crypted
Old
Thanks Meter 4055

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hmmm definitely sporadic, it started up again without me even going into any particular map or GPS related app, kind of obnoxious.
Right now, I am sending you a test build to see how it works on your device. Ignore the name of it.

josinpaul
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypted View Post
The CWR flash zip isn't designed for other recovery systems. But, I've heard it works on others. Either way, the gps.conf is all that matters at this point. So as long as you get it copied, you're golden.

Let me know performance results!

Edit: Why would someone rate this thread so poorly? I don't see any reason to do that unless I've entirely offered no help whatsoever. Sad. And people wonder why a lot of dev's had decided to quit...
its superb.I used it for 450km journey, never dropped GPS signel. the first lock in now is under 5 seconds and I am getting locked to a minimum of 4 to 5 satellites. way better than my in car navigation system.
oh and I tried it on my LG optimus one p500 (running cm7 ported) and it works superbly.thanks

I have rated your thread excellent.

Dell Inspiron 15R Special Edition with core i7 connected to genius SP-HF1800A
Iconia a500 with thor's JB.
and my faithful, reliable and awesome LG P500

pimpmaneaton
Old
Thanks Meter 2495

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Im on the new 3.2 that was posted a500 7.006.01, the one that preservers root, but modifies very little. As well as Thors 3.4 kernal, (the rest) version.

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

I removed your gps file, put mine back rebooted, and then deleted and put yours back, rebooting again, and it has opened both the basic maps application. And GPS Status (which i downloaded to test this a little more.) Without the hanging GPS notifcation, so im wondering if its an issue with configuration or just the system trying to hold on or get back into that old configuration. I dont know, not my forte.
I would say maybe try richardtrips kernel and I see you have several weather widgets on your screen, is one of them trying to get GPS while in doors? This could very possibly be your issue, if not to much of a hassle remove any widgets that use location and reboot and see if you "Searching for GPS" ghost reappears. I have runs both thors and richards kernel my preference is richs, but that is just me they both do great work. Hopefully this helps shead some light.

Rom/Theme Series!

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Sensation.
Kindle Fire
Acer Iconia A500
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND PERFORM NANDROID BACKUP. [C]over [Y]our [A]$$

ZeroAlphawolf
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I'll try it, it just sucks cause its sporadic, so it can go for an hour or two with no problem.
Then it pop back up.

pimpmaneaton
Old
(Last edited by pimpmaneaton; 20th September 2011 at 05:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2495

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I'll try it, it just sucks cause its sporadic, so it can go for an hour or two with no problem.
Then it pop back up.
Also maybe when it does happen hit your windows key(or multitask key, not really sure what it is called, the one just to the right of the home key) and see if any app has started and is requesting gps location. A logcat would also help as well.

EDIT: Where you using thors kernel before the patch? Possibly try his regular kernel if you want to stick with Thor. I have always used the regular one and not "the rest" and has always been problem free.

Rom/Theme Series!

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Sensation.
Kindle Fire
Acer Iconia A500
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND PERFORM NANDROID BACKUP. [C]over [Y]our [A]$$

ZeroAlphawolf
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Honestly, using the GPS as little as i do, i'll probably just return back to the normal GPS. I have an Iphone 4, so, finding my GPS by wifi isn't really much of a big deal to me.

crypted
Old
Thanks Meter 4055

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Honestly, using the GPS as little as i do, i'll probably just return back to the normal GPS. I have an Iphone 4, so, finding my GPS by wifi isn't really much of a big deal to me.
One final question before you pack it in if I may... When using this, were you in range of WiFi? It requires a data connection to work since it's aGPS.

Tags
gps, iconia, lock, slow