Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,174 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sweet car mount

Tip us?

willbur73
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 28
Default Sweet car mount

Hey guys, I found this in the Droid 3 section. This mount seems pretty sick. I may just cave and buy it. Up to now I have kept modifying my car mount from my original droid. I made it work for my d2, and now (kinda..) my bionic. But it is not as secure anymore.

This looks nice!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to willbur73 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

necroscopev
Old
Thanks Meter 5
That actually does look sweet! I wonder how it holds up and how long the suction holds.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App
** Please Thank Me if i was helpful or extra witty! **

r0ckstar323
Old
Thanks Meter 15
It looks sweet. The only problem I see is the clip looks wide. Going off the dimensions of the iPhone 4 it looks to be about 1 1/8 inch wide. If you clip it on the side you will have to cover the charging port or volume down button since there is only about an inch of room there. It says it can accommodate up to a a 5" screen so you might be able to clip it top to bottom. I might still go ahead and get it and mod it if I have to. Good find.

elislurry
Old
Thanks Meter 35
If you are going to spend that much money on some generic piece of junk why would you not just buy the one that is made by Motorola for the phone?? http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=47728
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message though a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
================================================== ===

Verizon Galaxy S4 GPE

idefiler6
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Then there's the clingo.

http://www.clingo.com/car-mounts/uni...car-dash-mount
N4 Android L
N7 2013 LTE CM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idefiler6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alemondemon
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by elislurry View Post
If you are going to spend that much money on some generic piece of junk why would you not just buy the one that is made by Motorola for the phone?? http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...essoryId=47728
Why do you call those docks "junk"

Perhaps, people don't want to buy device specific car docks every time they get a new device.

jphillips.hd88
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Does look pretty nice, the only thing I see is that it would take both hands at an awkward angle to to squeeze the back then mount the phone...instead of just placing the phone in the cradle with the oem dock.

spongers
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by alemondemon View Post
Why do you call those docks "junk"

Perhaps, people don't want to buy device specific car docks every time they get a new device.
+1 - While these two docks aren't my cup of tea, doesn't mean they wont suit someone else's needs!

jimdibb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Get the moto branded bionic dock and never plug/unplug another cable.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

topxshelfxtre
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by elislurry View Post
Id buy the "junk" way before the verizon one it looks sweet. Dont be such a downer he wantes to show something nixe and he did. If u have nothing relivent to say keep it to yourself

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App
Asus Transformer TF101------Rooted-----Revolution HD!!!!

Iphone 4S 64GB Black-------Stock

Rooted Motorola Bionic-----Bloatware Free

Rooted Thunderbolt-----Synergy Sense 3.0 Rom Overclocked at 1.2Ghz

~~~Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid~~~