Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,180 Members 39,039 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Wireless Tether?

Tip us?

mithusingh32
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Wireless Tether?

Does the wireless tether app work w/ the Bionic? (https://market.android.com/details?id=android.tether)

guod2002
Old
Thanks Meter 5
To answer your question, No, and seriously, look around before you ask, if this worked there would not be threads on reverse engineering the wireless tether feature, how to get tethering to work and such, these multiple threads are getting a bit ridiculous.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App

Rockwell22
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Lol it's not like he asked if it's safe to swallow Dynamite. Not everyone is as advanced as you buddy.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rockwell22 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

phydo
Old
Thanks Meter 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by guod2002 View Post
To answer your question, No, and seriously, look around before you ask, if this worked there would not be threads on reverse engineering the wireless tether feature, how to get tethering to work and such, these multiple threads are getting a bit ridiculous.

Some people like to reverse engineer stuff for fun. Speak from your own experience perspective not everyone else's.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Follow me on Twitter!

If you enjoy me, click thanks.

guod2002
Old
(Last edited by guod2002; 20th September 2011 at 06:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockwell22 View Post
Lol it's not like he asked if it's safe to swallow Dynamite. Not everyone is as advanced as you buddy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phydo View Post
Some people like to reverse engineer stuff for fun. Speak from your own experience perspective not everyone else's.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
Not everyone is as advanced as me? 1st off I'm not very "advanced", I simply have made a common observation that there are numerous threads on this topic already, which probably shouldn't have been posted in development to begin with, but that would be for a Mod to decide. The point of a forum as far as I'm aware is ultimately the exchange of information, if information of value is hidden amongst dozens of repeat threads, doesn't that hinder users in their attempts to find information that others have posted? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the forum? I'm not bashing the OP, I didn't call him/her names or imply he/she lacked intelligence, I answered their question first and secondly brought something to his/her attention that would probably benefit the community if prevented in the future. And it's not just my perspective when facts support it.

The Following User Says Thank You to guod2002 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

frostincredible
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 161

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Not everyone is as advanced as me? 1st off I'm not very "advanced", I simply have made a common observation that there are numerous threads on this topic already, which probably shouldn't have been posted in development to begin with, but that would be for a Mod to decide. The point of a forum as far as I'm aware is ultimately the exchange of information, if information of value is hidden amongst dozens of repeat threads, doesn't that hinder users in their attempts to find information that others have posted? Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of the forum? I'm not bashing the OP, I didn't call him/her names or imply he/she lacked intelligence, I answered their question first and secondly brought something to his/her attention that would probably benefit the community if prevented in the future. And it's not just my perspective when facts support it.

You're right. I agree it doesn't belong in development as it does not forward development on the device. It ends in a question mark, should be in General, seeing as the Bionic doens't have a Q&A section for some reason. Or even Themes & Apps seeing as it's about an application.
But, on the other hand, it isn't necassarily true that if it worked there wouldn't be thread on reverse engineering the built-in WiFi HotSpot application. Maybe people don't want a 3rd party application for tethering, so they would use the reverse method. Or they are simply interested in a learning experience.
Both of you had a fault in the conversation. But this is only my opinion. I don't know everything and don't claim to. Just giving my 2 cents on the situation as we've had similar in the Droid Incredible forums before, where I was before here, hence my username.
Devices:
iPhone 5s 32GB
Droid BIONIC
Nexus 7

Eat. Sleep. Code.

TweakMyDevice
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithusingh32 View Post
Does the wireless tether app work w/ the Bionic? (https://market.android.com/details?id=android.tether)
I made a video describing how to enable free mobile hotspot. You'll need to be rooted first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKRwz...el_video_title
Galaxy Nexus LTE - All Tweaked Out
The Following User Says Thank You to TweakMyDevice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

guod2002
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostincredible View Post
You're right. I agree it doesn't belong in development as it does not forward development on the device. It ends in a question mark, should be in General, seeing as the Bionic doens't have a Q&A section for some reason. Or even Themes & Apps seeing as it's about an application.
But, on the other hand, it isn't necassarily true that if it worked there wouldn't be thread on reverse engineering the built-in WiFi HotSpot application. Maybe people don't want a 3rd party application for tethering, so they would use the reverse method. Or they are simply interested in a learning experience.
Both of you had a fault in the conversation. But this is only my opinion. I don't know everything and don't claim to. Just giving my 2 cents on the situation as we've had similar in the Droid Incredible forums before, where I was before here, hence my username.
You're looking at one thing I said, forget the bit about reverse engineering, there are still multiple threads about this subject, I wasn't basing my whole point on the reverse engineering thread.

denpad2010
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakMyDevice View Post
I made a video describing how to enable free mobile hotspot. You'll need to be rooted first:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKRwz...el_video_title
This worked fr me :)

Ruling The Machines
Sent From Droid Bionic

frostincredible
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 161

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
You're looking at one thing I said, forget the bit about reverse engineering, there are still multiple threads about this subject, I wasn't basing my whole point on the reverse engineering thread.

I did address this. I said it didn't belong here. It should've been in a different section, at the least. Yes, this thread is a waste because of the numerous threads already there.
Devices:
iPhone 5s 32GB
Droid BIONIC
Nexus 7

Eat. Sleep. Code.